Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

avast! Anti-Virus SFW

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

avast! Anti-Virus SFW

Unread postby kadeco » August 15th, 2010, 12:43 pm

I have been using avast! for a couple months now and what I've noticed is my computer running slower every since. What I'm seeing is each time I click to open something, avast! goes to work doing it's job, but at the same time, my page/site is delayed opening because of avast! Once it's done checking for viruses (I'm assuming), then the page/site opens. This is has been very annoying. Sometimes I just need to sign on to computer, open site, get info and sign off, but it's so time consiuming to do this. Is there something I can do....configure to speed it up, or should I try another AV SFW?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
kadeco

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: avast! Anti-Virus SFW

Unread postby tequesta » August 15th, 2010, 10:26 pm

There a lots of reasons your machine is running a little slow. Check you hard drive space and RAM. Today's programs use lots of ram, and if your system is low, your performance will suffer. Also there should be at least 20% free space on the drive. Not all AV's are for everyone if you don't like, it try another. Just remember it is important to have one, with out AV protection you are a sitting duck!

1) Antivir PersonalEdition Classic- Free anti-virus software for Windows. Free support.
4) MS Security Essentials - Microsoft's free Anti Virus program

You could always post a HJT log and someone will check it over and make sure you are malware free.

viewforum.php?f=11

good luck. :)
tequesta

Return to General Discussions