Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Curious Question

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Curious Question

Unread postby Crimson531 » January 16th, 2010, 6:49 am

My niece had gotten on the family computer recently and had done something to horribly mess up the computer. More than I thought possible to be honest. Anyway I've spent the last week trying to fix these issues and there's one problem I can't seem to solve. Internet explorer pops open all by itself. Usually to a particular web page offering some sort of software. I don't bother to look at the page because I know it's garbage. Thing is, I can't seem to find what's causing this to happen. I ran HiJackThis and I can't find anything out of the normal. Everything that shows up should be there. I even checked through the system32 folder for bad .dll and .exe files and couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. Please if someone could help me look in some direction or help me in anyway I would be very much appreciative. Thanks (^_^)

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that if I run Process Explorer iexplore.exe will randomly run and then end and start back up again. Even if I stop the process it kicks back on in just a matter of minutes. I'm not sure if the problems are linked, but I thought I should mention it anyway.
Crimson531

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Curious Question

Unread postby Gary R » January 16th, 2010, 7:23 am

Go to the Malware Removal forum and post a HJT log, an Uninstall list and a description of your problems.

viewforum.php?f=11

Even if your HJT log told you nothing it may tell your helper something. If not they will give you instructions for other scans, and will guide you through resolving your problems.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Return to General Discussions