Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

howdy, not sure where to put this... got a problem =]

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

howdy, not sure where to put this... got a problem =]

Unread postby ChrisKnowles » September 23rd, 2008, 11:57 pm

ok i wasnt sure were to put this topic (mods welcome to move to correct if there is one)

ok basicly....

my computer can sometimes go REALY slow....

its constantly using around 70% of physical memory... and has been known on many occasions to jump up to 100% CPU useage for no apparent reason and on average is running around 55-60 thigns at one time (in task manager on bottom left were it has how many thigns are running, cpu useage + physical memory useage) ...

i downloaded an anti-spyware programe because i believed my computer had a load of spyware on it, i didnt believe it cud b virus's because i use AVG anti virus software...

anyways my computer messed up the following day, it wouldent load up and i had to do a system restore, this worked great at first, my computer was running smoother than it has done in months, but then it got a lot worse and started being dreadfully slow and laggy for no apparent reason (in the system restore the anti-spyware programe was removed)

now i looked in something called "services" and "proceses" and there were many strangely named items in oth, i didnt know what to do with them because i dont know whats microsoft and whats not, i basicly dont know enough about them to know what i need and what i can scrap to reduce physical memory, and CPU useage...

im curently using a E-System computer with 4gb (i think or is it ghz?) processor, i dont know the graphic card quality but i know my current physical memory is around 500 mhz/mb (??) (plan on upgrading and buying an extra 1Gb physical memory when i get payed

im running windows vista home basic, and i have all the special visual themes and other stuff turned off/down to minimum

does anyone know what i could do to improve my computers general speed? a programe that can help? anythign you think that might help i would appreciate

one mroe thing....
i believe it is possable to delete old restore points.... if so can anyone tell me how to do it on windows vista home basic because i beleive there using up a tonn of my harddrive space (60gb, when bought it for some reason 20gb was already taken, according to my father (systems admin for a silicon chip design/manufacturing copany) says thats too much for jsut the basic programe and basic files)

anyways if anyone would like to comtact me you can reach me on my e-mail Edited to remove e-mail address. (bad spelling yes but thats how i spelt it)
Last edited by NonSuch on September 24th, 2008, 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: E-mail addresses should not be publicly posted as they will be picked up by spambots.
ChrisKnowles

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: howdy, not sure where to put this... got a problem =]

Unread postby Black_Dragon » September 24th, 2008, 12:58 am

Hi ... ChrisKnowles ....

Welcome to MWR Forums ...

You can visit this MWR Room and post a HJT log of your system.

Please read the instructions before posting the log here

Please follow my instructions to generate a new HJT log.

Download and run HiJackThis
  • Download HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install HijackThis.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in Notepad.
Notes:
Do not use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
Do not have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless, or required for your computer to run like it should.

Please start a new topic in MWR room and post your HJT log there.
Black_Dragon