Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

How do I report a Malware Site?

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

How do I report a Malware Site?

Unread postby cQuinc » August 14th, 2008, 11:39 pm

I was surfing today and decided to do some research on dental hygene. (I have a difficult wisdom tooth) Anyway, second in the search results was a site related to the subject and I clicked on it. That was a mistake as I have a program called "Mcafee site adviser and it was indicating the site was questionable.

Multiple windows opened and I was falsely informed that I had spyware on my computer and I supposidly needed their fancy program to get rid of it. When I tried to close everything I got the run-a-round and when I tried to decline their program it began to download anyway!

I shut the browser down right away and ran all my spyware tools including Malwarebytes and the online Caspersky Scanner. All came back clean.

My real question now is... is there a place to report rogue sites like this to try to get them shut down?

For those that might be interested, the URL for the site is:

:evil: XXXX://define-blutooth.supertimejob.com ... oxide.html :evil:

I took away the "HTTP" part because I don't want anyone to casually click on it. If you go there it will not give much of an opportunity to get away alive and in one piece! :?

Any thoughts how to report?

Quin
cQuinc

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: How do I report a Malware Site?

Unread postby turtledove » August 15th, 2008, 2:13 am

Try the following, though you may need to try awhile to get the site up at the moment:
http://www.castlecops.com/f265-Web_Malware_Links.html

I can send you a pm with more on the site to add to the MIRT site if needed.
turtledove
Retired Graduate

Re: How do I report a Malware Site?

Unread postby Orac » August 15th, 2008, 4:55 am

Apart from CastleCops malware sites such as this can be reported to Malware Domain List
Orac
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Return to General Discussions