Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

ICE - In Case of Emergancy

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

ICE - In Case of Emergancy

Unread postby ChrisRLG » July 12th, 2005, 8:02 am

http://www.eastanglianambulance.com/con ... =646104183

It sounds a good concept.

Store your emeergancy contact as ICE in your mobile phone. The emergancy service will then know who to contact.

Short extract :-

A Cambridge-based paramedic has launched a national campaign with Vodafone to encourage people to store emergency contact details in their mobile phones.

Bob Brotchie, a clinical team leader for the East Anglian Ambulance NHS Trust, hatched the plan last year after struggling to get contact details from shocked or injured patients.

By entering the acronym ICE – for In Case of Emergency – into the mobile’s phone book, users can log the name and number of someone who should be contacted in an emergency.

it seems to be taking off http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4674331.stm

Idea spreads

Mr Brotchie told Radio 4's Today programme: "I was reflecting on some difficult calls I've attended, where people were unable to speak to me through injury or illness and we were unable to find out who they were.

"I discovered that many people, obviously, carry mobile phones and we were using them to discover who they were.

"It occurred to me that if we had a uniform approach to searching inside a mobile phone for an emergency contact then that would make it easier for everyone."

Mr Brotchie said his idea had spread as far as the USA and Australia and had gathered pace since the 7 July attacks.

He has urged mobile manufacturers to take it on board by adding ICE headings to phones before they are sold.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby ChrisRLG » July 18th, 2005, 5:48 pm

Bump to remove from zero reply list
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby Angoid » August 1st, 2005, 1:25 pm

About a week ago, I received a circular e-mail from someone who had heard that this is in preparation to attack your mobile phone with a virus that works by detecting the word "ICE" in your address book.

Disbelieving it, I did the usual research to see whether there was any truth in it, and there was nothing at the usual sites that I use to debunk hoaxes, so can only conclude that this e-mail started with some eejit who had nothing better to do.

I added my ICE contacts followed by a dash and the person's name, so I have them as a reference, thus:

Code: Select all
ICE1 - Dad
ICE2 - Mum
ICE3 - Anya

The ICE is still there but you've also got the contact's name in there so when one of those people rings you it doesn't just come up with ICE or ICE3 as the name of the person calling you.
Angoid
Developer
Developer

Return to General Discussions