Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Posting HTML code at Dell

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Posting HTML code at Dell

Unread postby SpotCheckBilly » January 7th, 2007, 8:48 pm

Hello all,

I know that here, as well as other BBC type boards, we can post BBC code by using the "Code" tags. One of the regulars at the Dell forums was trying to figure out how to post HTML code in a similar fashion. Seems to me that there used to be an "Ignore HTML tags" option available when posting at Dell. This is no longer the case.

So...... does anyone know how to place HTML code within a post at Dell? I tried using the "&lt" and "&gt" tags with only partial success. It would be really helpful to be able to post in this fashion especially in the HJT Discussion forum, so that HTML code could be shared amongst the volunteers as we do with the BBC code here.

Any suggestions? Thoughts? Solutions?

Thanks in advance. :wave:

SpotCheckBilly
SpotCheckBilly
MRU Master
MRU Master

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby John B. » January 8th, 2007, 12:19 pm

Hi,

Isn't there a special support room for Dell helpers?

This may be a nice explanation in English:
http://www.starspiderdancing.net/htmlhelp/

There's a Dutch explanation I like better:
http://www.mijnhomepage.nl/htmlcursus/l ... rzicht.php
I hope you can get it without reading the text, there are examples to look what effect it has so you can go through those lessons too...

Greets, John.
John B.
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby SpotCheckBilly » January 8th, 2007, 7:33 pm

Hey John B.,

Lots of good information there. Thanks. I decided to post here, rather than at the Dell board here at MRU for the simple fact that, apparently no one there knows how to do this either.

I haven't been able to find any resources showing how to force display of the tags the way we do here, using the "code" and "/code" tags. I know that in some instances, Dell does things a little bit differently than other sites which use HTML formatting and perhaps it's not possible to force tag display there.

I'll keep looking. :wave:

SpotCheckBilly
SpotCheckBilly
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby MMJ » January 9th, 2007, 6:14 am

Have you tried putting it through <html></html> tags?
MMJ

Unread postby John B. » January 9th, 2007, 10:36 am

For firefox there is a holy extension for BBCode and HTML, the extension is called BBCode
http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/viewtop ... highlight=

The commands are (most of the times) the same but than instead of [] you should use <> so I checked it and [code][/code] becomes <code></code> only with lists there is a special technic.
John B.
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby ChrisRLG » January 9th, 2007, 12:27 pm

Dell only uses a subset of HTML.

And I think they have removed the ability to use a 'spoller' so that you can see the code (as in a code box in BB coding).

I think you are stuck :(
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby John B. » January 9th, 2007, 2:35 pm

If you use Firefox this add-on will be very usefull:
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/491/

Otherwise I don't know :roll: Is there no editor like Fass but than for HTML?
John B.
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby SpotCheckBilly » January 9th, 2007, 7:11 pm

Hello MMJ: Nope, I surely have not. I will give it a try. Thanks a lot.

Hey JohnB: I tried using the "<" and ">" instead of the brackets, but that doesn't work at Dell.

Chris: I think you're right. If we want to share canned responses coded in HTML, we're either going to have to do it here (or another board which uses BBC code) or via e-mail.

Thanks everyone for your responses. :wave:

SpotCheckBilly
SpotCheckBilly
MRU Master
MRU Master

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions