Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

F1 - French GP

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

F1 - French GP

Unread postby AndyAtHull » July 15th, 2006, 5:48 am

Ok a few predictions on Qualy:

1 - Alonso
2 - Kimi
3 - Schumi

Winner? Well hard one really, depends on how the typres perform. Seeing as it is a home GP for renault and michelin. I would say:

1 - Alonso
2 - Schumi
3 - Massa

It breaks my heart to say that Schumi won't win. But all the odds this weekend are against them!
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby AndyAtHull » July 15th, 2006, 10:02 am

How wrong was I.

Qualy:
1 - Schumi
2 - Massa
3 - Alonso

:D
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby Gary R » July 15th, 2006, 10:27 am

But how much of that was decided by fuel levels?

Didn't see qualifying (I usually find it too boring for words), but previous experience has shown that qualifying position is HIGHLY influenced by how much gas they've got in the tank.

Expect Alonso will have the edge in the race.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby AndyAtHull » July 15th, 2006, 1:12 pm

I think these days it's more about the tyres. There is a huge advantage to having new set of boots put on(obviously). And fuel does pay a part, but I don't think as much as it use to do.

However Ferrari came to France like thay always do with new updates for there car. If it was a fuel thing. Massa certainly did well then as they tend to fuel him more heavy than the number one car. And he was 0,079 behind in second place.

But going back in the tyre debate. The last four winners in France have been Brigdetone, Michelin, Brigdetone, Michelin. If the 3rd Qual was anything to go by, it's going to be a cracker! :)
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby Gary R » July 15th, 2006, 1:34 pm

Think it might be more interesting next year when everyone's going to be shod with Bridgestone.

Should equalise things a bit more, and we can find out who's the best driver rather than who's got the best tyres.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » July 15th, 2006, 4:34 pm

Only having one tire manufacturer next year is going to equal things out some.

And I have to disagree with you, Andy... the amount of fuel in the car will affect how fast it is.

Less fuel = less weight = faster lap times. Even a couple gallons less will shave tenths of a second off a fast lap in qualifying.

Have to say though... it is nice to see the Ferrrari's more competitive the past few races :)
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Vino Rosso » July 15th, 2006, 7:02 pm

It's hard to see past the Schumi machine for tomorrow's race... especially with Massa riding shotgun.

Shame to lose JPM to NASCAR. Your gain though 'Kota!
Vino Rosso
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby AndyAtHull » July 15th, 2006, 8:44 pm

'KotaGuy wrote:And I have to disagree with you, Andy... the amount of fuel in the car will affect how fast it is.

Less fuel = less weight = faster lap times. Even a couple gallons less will shave tenths of a second off a fast lap in qualifying.

It certainly does make a difference. But I don't think as much as it use too. Not with the important of tyres etc. Yes less fuel in qualy in a quick car means you can get pole. However with smaller engines, they have had to seek other ways of gaining speed. And don't forget that they need race fuel in Qualy 3.

Small modifications get more speed. Like what the BMW have done. Them stupid looking surfboard wings. Not that they actually made a differance!

Enter Ferrari's flexible rear wing which is legal but every other team didn't like because of the straight line speed. That is where I think they have made up the time. With updates during the season.

That and Massa pushing Schumi more than the other team drivers he has had! :P

Regarding the one manufacturer for next season. Who will be on top next season? The Ferrari's. With all their testing over the years. That is already an advantage for next season. :)
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » July 15th, 2006, 11:11 pm

Enter Ferrari's flexible rear wing which is legal but every other team didn't like because of the straight line speed. That is where I think they have made up the time. With updates during the season.

They've had to... they've slacked off the past couple years during the off season and its cost them.

They can't start the season with the previous year's car any more... which is what Ferrari has done because they've been miles ahead of all the other teams. Thats been a costly mistake in the contructor's race.

And I do agree that Massa has pushed Schumi much more than Barichello has in the past... it's good for the "old boy" though :)
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby TeMerc » July 16th, 2006, 4:01 am

Altho I agree that fuel allocation for each will be a factor, we cannot overlook pit strategy either.

More times than not, Ferrari can make the moves better than most.

And if Michael gets a couple of his super fast 'in laps' on a light load to build up a cushion, that could be the key as well.

No one does pit strategy like Scuderia.

I thnk that since the announcment that Bridgstone will be sole supplier, Michelin are resting on their laurels. I find it funny that since they made that announcment, suddenly things are evened up. What Renault has in speed edge, is suddenly made up by tires. Hmmmm....just a thought.
TeMerc
Visiting Staff

Unread postby AndyAtHull » July 16th, 2006, 6:38 am

Very good points. What Ferrari loose on the track. They sure make up for it with strategy. Always have and always will, long as they been JT and Ross in the team.

If Ferrari could only have the same pace as Renaults start, I think Ferrari would be far less behind in points. If not, maybe ahead. Because we all know when Schumi is ahead, he stays ahead 9 times out of ten.

Let's hope it will be an exciting race! :)
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby Gary R » July 16th, 2006, 9:42 am

Congratulations for another Schumacher record (8 wins at one Grand prix, impressive).
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby TeMerc » July 16th, 2006, 12:19 pm

Well great results, Ferrari 1-3, not bad.

But Michael still has to keep the pressure on, we're still 17 pts. behind Alonso, and if he (Alonso) keeps finishing closley behind, and on podium as well, he will keep the title.

We need a break, like a Renault DNF or two. :P
TeMerc
Visiting Staff

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » July 16th, 2006, 3:40 pm

Was a good clean race.

Schumi looks to be back to his old, dominating form.

Looking forward to Hockenheim in a couple weeks :)
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby TeMerc » July 16th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Yes, it was quite a relief to see the old Schumi\Scuderia back in form.

But we still need to get a little help from Renault. There are not enough races left to catch up in this manner, us first, them second.

The rest of the season, should however, prove quite exciting, regardless of the outcome.
TeMerc
Visiting Staff

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Next

Return to General Discussions