Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

How To Change Operating System From 64 Bit To 32 Bit?

Do you have BIOS questions or issues? Want to discuss Linux or other non-Microsoft operating systems? Ask your computer related questions that don't quite fit in any other sub-forum here.

How To Change Operating System From 64 Bit To 32 Bit?

Unread postby milestone5077 » September 17th, 2016, 8:19 am

Hello All. I am a new user here and have seen couple discussion threads and highly appreciate them. I use Windows 8.1 on 64-Bit operating system. But I want to run it on 32-Bit system. Is it possible to change the operating system? Any idea will be highly appreciated.
milestone5077

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: How To Change Operating System From 64 Bit To 32 Bit?

Unread postby Jeremy_C » September 17th, 2016, 11:05 am

Greetings!

I'm not an expert in this area, however, I believe the only way this can be accomplished is with a re-install of the operating system. I don't think there is a way to legitimately "downgrade" your version. I may be wrong...

But before pursuing that too far, may I inquire about your wish to do so?

There may be another solution if you have a specific issue in mind.

Or, perhaps you just really like 32 Bit systems, in which case I'll try to help you with that if I can. If I cannot, then most likely one of the staff members or one of the more knowledgeable members here will be able to offer guidance.
Jeremy_C

Unread postby Gary R » September 17th, 2016, 11:53 am

As far as I'm aware, to install a Windows 8.1 operating system on a 32 bit system, you will need the appropriate 32 bit installation media for Windows 8.1, you cannot use a 64 bit installer on 32 bit hardware.

For any installation, you will need the appropriate activation key.

See also ... https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/softwar ... d/windows8 .... and/or .... http://windowsiso.net/windows-8-1-iso/w ... -standard/
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Tabeer » December 22nd, 2016, 8:59 am

You will need to go a computer running a 32 bit version of Windows 7 or Vista and create a bootable copy then do a custom install over your Windows 8 64 bit installation;

Boot from the Windows 8 DVD or USB thumb drive you create
Click Install Now
Accept License Agreement
When the option is displayed to select an installation type, click (Custom Advanced)select the disk partition where you would like to install Windows 8 Click Next.You will receive the following warning:The partition you selected might contain files from a previous Windows Installation. If it does, these files and folders will be moved to a folder named Windows.old. You will be able to access the information in Windows.old, but you will be able to use your previous version of Windows.(At all cost, do NOT click anything named Format or Delete or Partition. So even doing a custom install, your personal files are still preserved. Click OK Setup will now start the installation. During the installation, your machine will be restarted several times.When the installation is complete, you can complete the Out of Box experience such as selecting your laptop, create a username, password, your time zone. You can then proceed to download the latest updates for Windows and reinstall your applications and drivers.You can then recover your personal files from the Windows.old folder and reinstall all your applications and drivers.
Tabeer

Unread postby odelle » May 26th, 2019, 10:07 pm

Download Windows 8.1 32-bit install ISO and burn it to USB. Then reinstall the current OS
odelle

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Other Computer Issues