Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Internet

Do you have BIOS questions or issues? Want to discuss Linux or other non-Microsoft operating systems? Ask your computer related questions that don't quite fit in any other sub-forum here.

Internet

Unread postby mkdsk101 » May 16th, 2015, 9:16 pm

I know his may not be the place to answer this but would anyone here know why my internet would keep disconnecting every so often? My modem doesn't just my computer. If you can't help me I understand.

Mark
mkdsk101

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Internet

Unread postby NonSuch » May 17th, 2015, 12:36 am

As this issue does not appear to be malware related, I have moved your topic to a more appropriate area.

You didn't mention what type of internet service you have, or whether your connection is wired or wireless; however, all internet connections can and do fluctuate and drop, sometimes for no apparent reason.

Perhaps if you could provide more information about your network's setup and the connectivity problems you're experiencing, someone may be able to offer suggestions.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby mkdsk101 » May 17th, 2015, 1:26 pm

I have tried wired and wireless with my computer and the same issue happens. It just started happening. I am online and all of a sudden it drops the connection until I reboot my computer.
mkdsk101

Unread postby NonSuch » May 17th, 2015, 3:03 pm

Check to make certain all your connections are secure. Sometimes, a connection works its way loose but isn't noticeable when you're just looking at it.

If you haven't done so, I suggest you try a total power down and restart of your entire network. First, power down all computers and/or other devices connected to your network, such as tablets, etc. Next, power off your router and then the modem. Wait five minutes and then power on the network in reverse order of the shutdown, e.g., power on your modem and then wait a few minutes before powering on your router. Wait several minutes and then power on the computer with which you've been experiencing problems. See if that helps with your connectivity issue.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby mkdsk101 » May 17th, 2015, 4:10 pm

Yup, tried all of that but I still get disconnected sometimes.
mkdsk101

Unread postby Wingman » May 18th, 2015, 10:54 am

Have you contacted your ISP about the drop connections?
This may sound funny, but if you use a cable ISP, and live in an area with lots of trees... squirrels will eat the protective rubber on the cables and cause outages or spotty connections. Use to happen to my sister a couple of times a year.
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby mkdsk101 » May 18th, 2015, 11:51 am

I tried everything but thank you for you help anyway.
mkdsk101

Unread postby NonSuch » May 18th, 2015, 4:28 pm

Wingman wrote:Have you contacted your ISP about the drop connections?
This may sound funny, but if you use a cable ISP, and live in an area with lots of trees... squirrels will eat the protective rubber on the cables and cause outages or spotty connections. Use to happen to my sister a couple of times a year.

Yes, that can certainly happen. Our cable runs underground but we still have issues from time to time, especially in damp weather, which can cause corrosion on the metal connectors.

If your computer is a laptop, mkdsk101, you might see how well it stays connected elsewhere. Perhaps you could take it to a friend's house and see if it exhibits the same connectivity issue. That would at least let you know if the problem lies with your computer or with your internet service.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby mkdsk101 » May 18th, 2015, 5:52 pm

Sometimes it stays connected for days then some all of a sudden it starts disconnecting again.
mkdsk101

Unread postby NonSuch » May 18th, 2015, 7:36 pm

As the problem is so sporadic, it sounds like the problem lies somewhere within your internet service rather than with the computer, especially as the problem occurs with both wired and wireless connections alike.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby mkdsk101 » May 18th, 2015, 7:46 pm

Okay thank you I appreciate your help...
mkdsk101

Unread postby NonSuch » May 18th, 2015, 10:42 pm

You're very welcome. :)
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby mkdsk101 » May 18th, 2015, 11:15 pm

It just happened again and my other devices are still online s o it has to be my computer.
mkdsk101

Unread postby Gary R » May 19th, 2015, 1:21 am

How many devices do you have connected ?

If it is a lot, it could be that you're just overloading your connection/router. Usually when there's a lot of devices connected to a router, all that happens is your data speed drops on each connected device, but in some cases when a router is too overloaded it will drop connections.

If there's a lot of internet demand in your area, the same can happen with local trunk switches.

The truth is, we're unlikely to be able to troubleshoot something like this in an online forum.

Connection problems are difficult to troubleshoot at the best of times, because there are so many variables involved, each of which may be contributory to the problem. At least when the problem is continuously present, then we can run scans and tests, and narrow down what the cause is, but with a problem as sporadic as yours appears to be, you really need to have "hands-on" help with it.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby mkdsk101 » May 19th, 2015, 12:54 pm

Okay thank you for all of your help.
mkdsk101

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Next

Return to Other Computer Issues