Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

3 Displays

Do you have BIOS questions or issues? Want to discuss Linux or other non-Microsoft operating systems? Ask your computer related questions that don't quite fit in any other sub-forum here.

3 Displays

Unread postby Slim Nelson » July 29th, 2013, 3:12 pm

I have a computer that I'm trying to get 3 displays working on. I don't know exactly what the video card is but it allows 1 DVI plugin and 2 HDMI plugins.

I am using DVI from the monitors. So 2 of them have adapters to HDMI.
Here's a little diagram if that helps. M = Monitor, A = Adapter.

|M1|...|M2|...|M3|
DVI......DVI.....DVI
^..........^.........^
^..........^.........^
^..........^.........^
^..........^.........^
^..........^.........^
^..........A.........A
DVI....HDMI...HDMI

Then from here, connected to the back of the tower.

My problem is that it when I go into display settings to activate the 3rd monitor, it disables the 2nd, and vice versa. So it will only allow 2 displays but shows all 3, the 3rd one remains disabled.

Do I just need a new graphics driver that supports 3 displays?
Slim Nelson

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: 3 Displays

Unread postby Wingman » July 29th, 2013, 4:52 pm

It would help other to know what OS you're running and the graphic card you have... then some research can be done, to see what needs to be done.
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Slim Nelson » July 29th, 2013, 5:01 pm

Yes, my bad. It is running on Windows 7. And the Graphics Card is an NVIDIA Quadro 2000.
Slim Nelson

Unread postby Wingman » July 29th, 2013, 6:14 pm

NVIDIA Techical Support wrote:The Quadro 2000 card is only capable of supporting two active monitors simultaneously. You'll need to adding another Quadro 2000 to the system so you can run up to four monitors (two per Quadro card) in multiple adapter mode.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... adro-2000/
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Slim Nelson » July 30th, 2013, 7:04 am

Oh, okay. Thanks Wingman. :D
Slim Nelson

Unread postby Gary R » July 30th, 2013, 11:20 am

This took me all of 10 secs to find using Google .... http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2392712,00.asp

Like other cards in the Quadro line, this one sports a single dual-link DVI-I port and two DisplayPort jacks so you can connect up to two 2,560-by-1,600 displays at once. The Quadro 2000’s TDP is rated at a lean 62 watts.

I'm sure it only took Mike a similar amount of time to find the information he posted. As a student here you should be able to do this kind of research for yourself.

That's not to say you shouldn't ask for info or help, but you really should do some preliminary looking around first before posting. ;) :)
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Slim Nelson » July 30th, 2013, 12:43 pm

Yeah, as soon as Wingman asked me what the graphics card was, I checked it out and then posted it, I almost head banged my keyboard thinking that was all I needed to google, because before that, all I kept googling was how to connect 3 monitors... Sometimes I really just need to think outside the box I guess.. :| I wouldn't of blamed him at all if he told me to just figure it out, lol.
Slim Nelson

Unread postby Gary R » July 30th, 2013, 2:23 pm

Slim Nelson wrote: I wouldn't of blamed him at all if he told me to just figure it out, lol.

We'd never do that ...................................... unless it was for something unbelievably obvious. ;) :D

But getting used to thinking round problems, and then researching them, is a really essential "talent" to develop if you want to become a successful helper on the forums. I'd go so far as to say it's the most essential prerequisite for the job.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Slim Nelson » July 30th, 2013, 2:50 pm

Gary R wrote:
Slim Nelson wrote: I wouldn't of blamed him at all if he told me to just figure it out, lol.

We'd never do that ...................................... unless it was for something unbelievably obvious. ;) :D

Of course! :laughing6:

Gary R wrote:But getting used to thinking round problems, and then researching them, is a really essential "talent" to develop if you want to become a successful helper on the forums. I'd go so far as to say it's the most essential prerequisite for the job.

Understood, and hopefully we can consider this just a minor brain fart bump in the road. :|
I will continue working and improving. ;)
Slim Nelson

Unread postby Wingman » July 31st, 2013, 10:53 am

We all have those moments... so don't beat yourself up too much about. Yes, once you gave me the information it tooks about 10 secs to find the results I wanted.
When I worked in Tech Support and programmers would come and ask me to take a look at a problem... I always used to ask, "Where have you looked and what did you find?"

Much can be learned by looking for answers yourself... with hardware questions or problems, its always best to start a search with the make and model of the hardware. ;)
Searching is one thing... but like Gary implies, knowing "what" to search for is essential and it can also save you a lot of time and frustration.
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Slim Nelson » July 31st, 2013, 4:11 pm

Yep, I've had plenty of times like that, haha. What you said is very helpful though. Thanks.
Slim Nelson

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Other Computer Issues