Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

CF card freezes PC

Troubleshooting all things hardware related. Adding new hardware and looking for opinions?

CF card freezes PC

Unread postby Mr Onion » June 13th, 2015, 12:31 pm

While we were away for a few days one of my CF cards refused to read or write in the Camera (NIKON D70)

No problem, I'll sort it on the PC when I get home ...

Famous last words. Neither of the CF readers I have can see the card, it does not appear in in My Computer and any file recovery software I use just freezes with the CF card in place.

Is it likely to by 'just' a file directory problem, or ...

Formatting another CF card in the camera, then using the file recovery software on the PC allows me to see all of the images, so will it work on the faulty one? I don't want to try it without further input incase I am missing something.

The images are all .nef (NIKON's RAW format)

TiA
Mr Onion

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: CF card freezes PC

Unread postby Mr Onion » June 15th, 2015, 8:22 am

Panic over. Integral are going to replace the card and attempt to recover the data. Excellent service, and all FOC
Mr Onion

Unread postby NonSuch » June 15th, 2015, 7:37 pm

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear the issue is being addressed, and at no cost to you. :thumbleft:
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Mr Onion » June 25th, 2015, 12:13 pm

GOOD NEWS:- They sent a 4 gig CF card to replace the 512 meg one I sent them.

BAD NEWS:- The card is totally screwed. They couldn't recover any data from it at all.

Moral of the story? Always backup even if you are sure you won't have any problems. If only I had taken the laptop with us and saved all the images each day :roll:
Mr Onion

Unread postby Wingman » June 25th, 2015, 12:31 pm

The good news is good news, sweet!
The bad news is hard to take... hind sight is always 20-20. Sorry you lost all you images. :(
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby NonSuch » June 25th, 2015, 4:02 pm

I'm so sorry you've lost all the images on the bad CF card. :( Nice though that you got an even larger capacity card. :thumbleft:

Hindsight is indeed 20/20. At least you've learned a valuable lesson, and no doubt you will always be prepared to backup your precious data in the future.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Hardware Support