Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Unable to connect to WIFI

Troubleshooting all things hardware related. Adding new hardware and looking for opinions?

Unable to connect to WIFI

Unread postby Malware N00b » January 17th, 2012, 8:08 pm

Hi, I've recently physically reconfigured my network and I now need to use WIFI, but everytime I try to connect, it either times out or I'm left with limited connectivity and no internet. It's fine when I'm using a wired connection through the same router and I have no trouble connecting to WIFI using another system.

Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): Unable to resolve the server's DNS address. is the code I'm given and that lead me to:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=56718&start=15

OTL.exe gave me this:

========== FILES ==========
< ipconfig /flushdns /c >
Windows IP Configuration
Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
C:\Users\XXXXXX\Desktop\cmd.bat deleted successfully.
C:\Users\XXXXXX\Desktop\cmd.txt deleted successfully.

OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.31.0 log created on 01182012_000144

Thanks.
Malware N00b

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Unable to connect to WIFI

Unread postby Malware N00b » January 17th, 2012, 8:22 pm

I went through Windows Diagnostic after running OTL.exe and I can connect to the net using my WIFI adapter, but my internet is now running like a snail. I know I have Zinkwink running amok on my system and have been through the solutions I can find for that, but I can't seem to get rid of it.
Malware N00b

Unread postby Gary R » January 18th, 2012, 2:53 am

Please post a set of DDS logs in the Malware Removal forum, and wait for a helper to reply.

Details for how to do so are posted .... HERE
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Malware N00b » January 18th, 2012, 5:07 am

Thank you, Gary.
Malware N00b

Unread postby Gary R » January 18th, 2012, 7:51 am

You're welcome. :)
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Malware N00b » January 21st, 2012, 3:36 am

Gary, can enquire as to the logic behind this: http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/vie ... 12&t=58921

Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 is not available to home users and so this computer must be considered as business use, we do not work on business computers.

We can offer no further help.

If I was sat in an F1 racing car, would I be considered a professional driver? My point is, I bought this system off someone who had outgrown it. While I use all the software that is on it, I'm only a student and hardly some corporation trying to save a few pennies. Given that there is plenty of text on this site, the gist of which is "we are here to help" I find it quite rude that I was not even given the opportunity to explain this.
Malware N00b

Unread postby Gary R » January 21st, 2012, 12:10 pm

Please read the PM I have sent to you, any questions please reply to my PM.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby TinaTwilight » October 10th, 2013, 12:26 am

If you've recently installed or upgraded software firewalls on your computer, temporarily disable them to determine whether it may be the cause of Internet connection problems.
TinaTwilight
Banned Member

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Hardware Support