Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Google Chrome Browser Updates

Troubleshooting issues with software, including all version of Windows.

Re: Google Chrome Browser Updates

Unread postby ScottyMall » December 11th, 2020, 10:32 am

I have a problem updating Chrome because there is not enough space on the system what should I do? can I clean something in it so that the update is installed?
ScottyMall

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » December 11th, 2020, 10:40 am

Hi ScottyMall,

I've moved your topic to General Computer Support since it didn't belong in News Desk. I will reply shortly to your request for help.
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby ScottyMall » December 11th, 2020, 10:52 am

thank you very much and I'm sorry that I left my problem in the wrong place.
Last edited by ScottyMall on December 12th, 2020, 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScottyMall

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » December 11th, 2020, 10:58 am

ScottyMall wrote:thank you very much and I'm sorry that I left my problem in the wrong place

You aren't the first person to make that mistake and you're certainly not the last one, so it's really not a problem. :)

Can you tell me what Operating System you are using? Also, could you tell me the specific message you see when you try to update Chrome?
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby ScottyMall » December 12th, 2020, 10:04 am

Hello again. I Use windows 7 and I have a 32GB SSD drive on the system and I have a terribly buggy chrome! and I thought that it would be good to update it then, but then I ran into the problem that there is not enough disk space, can I somehow clean the excess from chrome and where can I do it?
ScottyMall

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » December 12th, 2020, 4:48 pm

ScottyMall,

Unfortunately, I have bad news... You are using a version of Windows that is no longer supported by Microsoft. This means that your computer no longer receives critical security updates, which makes your computer extremely vulnerable to attacks. There is no point in trying to fix the Chrome update issue when your computer is not secure, and it would be a waste of both our time. I know this is probably not what you want to "hear", but I couldn't in good conscience fix your Chrome issues knowing full well that your computer is bound to become infected if it isn't already.

That being said, I'll be more than happy to help you back up your files and move to either Windows 10 or a free OS like Linux.

Regards,
mAL
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby ScottyMall » December 13th, 2020, 11:22 am

Oh, I know that it is no longer supported but I have an old one and I do not think that it supports the new Windows 10, I have avast antivirus do you think it is not able to protect me from threats? and how can I make a copy of all my data and upgrade to a newer system?
ScottyMall

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » December 13th, 2020, 4:23 pm

No, unfortunately, Avast isn't going to keep you secure if you don't get critical security updates. :( I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but you're just playing with fire by keeping Windows 7. My computer was running Windows 7 and I quickly moved to Linux shortly before Windows stopped providing support, so I know it can be a pain in the neck to make the switch, but I think it's best to prevent rather than cure.

Yes, I will be more than happy to help you make a backup and upgrade to a newer system. :) Do you have an external hard drive? Also, since you mentioned that upgrading to Windows 10 is not an option, how do you feel about moving to Linux? I would be more than happy to try to answer your questions if you are concerned about the switch.
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove