Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Windows 10 update install failing

Troubleshooting issues with software, including all version of Windows.

Windows 10 update install failing

Unread postby brankor » November 28th, 2017, 5:02 am

There was Win 10 update today. Laptop booted, seems to be working OK, but Windows is stuck in a loop with this message:
"Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation loop windows 10".
Power cycled many times.
Mouse and keyboard not working properly.
Laptop unusable now.

Found this:
http://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-wind ... tallation/

Managed with Shift+Fn+F10 to get to cmd window to try instructions as per link. Can have cmd window running, but
cannot do much, mouse misbehaving and new windows are not opening.

Microsoft support helped me create ISO image, but I am not sure if I would loose my files , that I need to save
and have not created backup for yet unfortunately and am not sure if Windows re-install is really necessary.
brankor

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Windows 10 update install failing

Unread postby Gary R » March 14th, 2018, 4:15 am

zb
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Windows 10 update install failing

Unread postby Gary R » March 20th, 2020, 7:15 pm

Look at the date of the original post.