Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

start up windows 10

Troubleshooting issues with software, including all version of Windows.

start up windows 10

Unread postby highspeedmike » August 12th, 2016, 1:53 am

i have a Samsung running windows 10 (previous 7) when i restart it takes up to 45 min to start, it will go to disk check, if i catch it at the right time i can skip that. some times it gives me a hard disk error and i have to start it a couple times to get past this, so i just leave it running. i am not sure if it is a bios issue or windows. i installed 10 hoping the new install would fix my problems. i relay do not know where to even start or even what to ask here. hoping someone could give me a starting point so i can get this thing working properly. i have had success in the past working on my computers. not afraid to try just need a little guidance.
highspeedmike

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: start up windows 10

Unread postby capnkrunch » September 6th, 2016, 5:17 pm

Hello highspeedmike :)

some times it gives me a hard disk error and i have to start it a couple times to get past this, so i just leave it running.

That sounds like a failing hard drive. My guess is you will need to replace it. Before doing anything you should make sure to back up your files.

Let's try a couple things to diagnose this:

Run a Batch Script
  • Press the Windows Key + R.
  • Type notepad.exe into the text box and click OK.
  • A blank Notepad page should open.
    • Copy and Paste the following script into Notepad, Do not include the words Code: Select all.
    • (Click the Select all button next to Code: to select the entire script).
    Code: Select all
    @echo off
    chkdsk c: |find /v "percent" >> "%userprofile%\desktop\checkhd.txt" 
    notepad.exe "%userprofile%\Desktop\checkhd.txt"
    del checkhd.txt
    del %0
  • Click Format and ensure Wordwrap is unchecked.
  • Save as chkdsk.bat to your Desktop.
  • Save as file type All Files or it won't work.
  • Now right click on chkdsk.bat and select Run as administrator.
  • A file checkhd.txt will open on your Desktop, please post the contents in your next reply.

Please also run the following:

TSG System Information Utility
  • Please download the Tech Support Guy System Information Utility.
  • Right click on SysInfo.exe and select Run as administrator.
  • Once the utility opens, right click on the text and select Copy.
  • Paste the results in your reply.
capnkrunch
MRU Master
MRU Master