Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

W10 information

Troubleshooting issues with software, including all version of Windows.

W10 information

Unread postby Mr Onion » April 10th, 2015, 5:41 am

Just in case you missed it, some VERY useful information about W10

Delivering Windows as a Service and a Free Upgrade to Windows 10

Today was a monumental day for us on the Windows team because we shared our desire to redefine the relationship we have with you – our customers. We announced that a free upgrade for Windows 10 will be made available to customers running Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows Phone 8.1 who upgrade in the first year after launch.*

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindow ... indows-10/

BUT:-

Earlier this week several Geek sites parroted an article at MYCE entitled Update for Windows 7 and 8.1 silently installs Windows 10 downloader (nice work there guys!). Although the article did not bash Microsoft, commenters around the web were pissed off. At first I thought these comments might be a little bit of anti-Microsoft hysterics. Still, it made be curious enough to research the issue. Now, I’ve changed my mind…

https://tweakhound.com/2015/04/08/gwx-get-windows-10/

I have uninstalled the update and disabled notifications about it. I will update my computers to W10 when I want, not when Micro$$oft want me to
Mr Onion

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: W10 information

Unread postby Gary R » April 10th, 2015, 12:00 pm

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbleft:

From what I've seen so far, W10 is a distinct improvement on W8.1, however I do not like the way this "update" has been sneaked onto people's computers.

When and if I want to update to W10, I will choose, and no one else.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Mr Onion » April 10th, 2015, 4:04 pm

... and for me its not so much the 'when' but 'how'.

If its possible to do a clean install (as it is with W8.1) then thats how I prefer it.

No potential nasties left behind, and you know its working 'out of the box' as it should.
Mr Onion

Unread postby Mr Onion » May 28th, 2015, 8:47 am

Just out of interest I checked the 'Installed Updates' list and KB3035583 was back, even though I had 'hidden' it previously.

Bliddy Micro$$oft

It might be an idea to check yours too
Mr Onion

Unread postby Gary R » May 28th, 2015, 9:32 am

Well I de-selected it, and hid it, and so far it hasn't re-appeared for me, but I'll keep an eye out for it all the same, along with all the other "pre-conditioning" updates that MS seems to be intent on burdening us with.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Mr Onion » June 7th, 2015, 7:48 am

More from https://tweakhound.com/2015/06/01/get-w ... more-info/

Given the current condition/quality of Win10 I’m not even sure I’ll be recommending the upgrade before years end. I don’t consider Win10 in beta stage yet.
They have a LOT of work to do.

If you are running a pro version of Windoze you can register, then defer the update. Non pro users do not have that option.

My view FWIW is to disable the automatic updater as described above, let everyone else do the 'beta testing' then go for it. As long as you do it within 12 months of release W10 will still be a free update.
Mr Onion

Unread postby Gary R » June 7th, 2015, 9:56 am

There are a number of concerns that we have here at MWR, about some of the "new" features in W10, and the way W10 is being released.

In general, we feel that people should consider carefully before they opt to update their current OS to W10, and should investigate closely exactly what is on offer, before they make a decision.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Mr Onion » July 8th, 2015, 9:00 am

I think anyone who install W10 on release is barmy to the nth degree (unless Micro$$oft get their act together that is)

One thing I can tell you here and now is that if you’re a tweaker who values your privacy you’ll have some work to do setting up Win10. The default is basically to share all you’ve got with everything and everyone. It even wants to share your wifi passwords with your contacts.

from https://tweakhound.com/

Are they totally mad?

On July 29th (W10 day) look forward to many many user problems IMHO
Mr Onion

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Software Support (including Windows)