Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

FLASH crashing

Troubleshooting issues with software, including all version of Windows.

FLASH crashing

Unread postby Mr Onion » October 19th, 2014, 6:25 am

Yes its me again. :oops: Sometimes when I go to a page that has FLASH in it, I get the following error after a period of Firefox being unresponsive.

I have uninstalled FLASH using the uninstaller, and then installed the newest build but it still happens.

It happens on both the Laptop (W7 SP1) and Desktop (W8.1 new install)

Any ideas? (other than get an abacus :roll: )
Mr Onion

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: FLASH crashing

Unread postby Gary R » October 19th, 2014, 12:15 pm

Which version of Firefox are you using ?

If it's not Firefox 33.0 then I recommend you update Firefox.

Info for dealing with problems concerning Flash and Firefox can be found at .... https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ke ... in-warning

Personally I'm not much of an admirer of Flash, like you I've had lots of problems with it. Adobe programs in general are usually poorly developed in terms of reliability.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Mr Onion » October 19th, 2014, 1:31 pm

Yes Gary, its 33.0 on both machines.

I've ditched Photoshop for that very reason. It might be great if you want to do what it wants, but if you dare to want something else ...

ACDSee Pro8 is shed loads cheaper, and does all I need.

I'll check that link and see if I can get anywhere. Thanks again
Mr Onion

Unread postby Gary R » October 20th, 2014, 1:14 am

A new version of Flash has just been released ... 15.0.0.189 ... so hopefully that might resolve things for you .... https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ .... don't forget to de-select McAfee Security Scan Plus which annoyingly gets bundled with it and is pre-selected, and which IMO is a complete waste of time.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Mr Onion » October 20th, 2014, 4:39 am

Thanks for the heads up Gary. Like you say, hopefully this will/might fix it for me.
Mr Onion

Unread postby Gary R » October 20th, 2014, 6:47 am

I can't think of much else that will.

One of troubles with Flash is that its been around a long time, and there are so many iterations of it. You never know which version any particular clip you want to watch was actually designed to run on, so despite Adobe's attempt to make things backward compatible, there's always likely to be clips that just don't want to play on the version of Flash you have installed.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Mr Onion » October 23rd, 2014, 5:27 am

The W8.1 PC seems OK now, but the W7 SP1 Laptop still crashes. Personally I don't like FLASH as it causes me to have headaches, and Mrs O Migraines.

... but sometimes there is no option.
Mr Onion

Unread postby Gary R » October 23rd, 2014, 6:38 am

Well I suppose 1 out of 2 working properly is better than 0 out of 2, but it's still not very good is it. :roll:

Just so you don't feel alone, the latest Flash version doesn't play very well with my W7 machine either.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Mr Onion » October 23rd, 2014, 7:41 am

Looks like it might be partially a W7 conflict then.

If in doubt, blame Windoze :P
Mr Onion

Advertisement
Register to Remove