Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Does MVPS Hosts support Windows 8.1?

Troubleshooting issues with software, including all version of Windows.

Does MVPS Hosts support Windows 8.1?

Unread postby gakiman » August 19th, 2014, 11:01 am

Hi there,

I used to use this forum many years back, and thats when I was introduced to MVPS Hosts (from the secutiry tips and tricks section of this website). Great piece of sotware imo, very helpful.

Bought a new laptop today after however many years and wanted to again download MVPS Hosts onto the new laptop, however, when going to the software's website, I was unable to discern whether the software supported Windows 8.1 or not (which is what my new laptop is running).

Can anybody help me out?
gakiman

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Does MVPS Hosts support Windows 8.1?

Unread postby Wingman » August 19th, 2014, 12:04 pm

It appears to support Win 8.1... see note in the main page for MVPS Hosts: http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm
Important Note: The HOSTS file now contains a change in the prefix in the HOSTS entries to "0.0.0.0" instead of the usual "127.0.0.1".
This was done to resolve a slowdown issue that occurs with the change Microsoft made in the "TCP loopback interface" in Win8.1.

There are specific instructions for Windows 8... so... I would assume they need to be followed for Win 8.1 as well.
http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hostswin8.htm
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: Does MVPS Hosts support Windows 8.1?

Unread postby gakiman » August 19th, 2014, 12:19 pm

Didnt see that, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Thanks Wingman, actually having the worst day with this laptop, updates are refusing to install, but Ill try installing MVPS after I've sorted this out.
gakiman