Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Cannot install IE 11

Troubleshooting issues with software, including all version of Windows.

Cannot install IE 11

Unread postby jwdo » December 17th, 2013, 12:18 pm

I have a win 7 Ultimate OS 64 bit system and when I try to do a windows update to IE 11, a pop up appears that says I'm missing a dll, and it locks me out of the internet. Is there a fix for this?
jwdo

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Cannot install IE 11

Unread postby Wingman » December 17th, 2013, 12:31 pm

What is the name of the missing dll file?
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby jwdo » December 17th, 2013, 9:40 pm

The pop up says The program can't start because "api-ms-win-downlevel-ole-l1-1-0.dll" is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
Also a different pop up says "api-ms-win-downlevel-version-l1-1-0.dll" is missing. At the top of this popup box it says that this is a ie4uinit.exe-System Error.
There is also another pop up box that says that there is an iexplore.exe-System Error and it is "api-ms-win-downlevel-advapi32-l1-1-0.dll" that is missing.
I'm not sure how many more of these are going to be popping up. At any rate I can no longer access the internet thru Microsoft's Internet Explorer. I'm accessing your site thru Google's Chrome .
jwdo

Unread postby Wingman » December 18th, 2013, 11:50 am

Have you tried a System Restore, back to a point before you encountered the error(s).

Do you have a Win 7 Ultimate x64 installation CD or can you borrow one?
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby jwdo » December 19th, 2013, 2:08 pm

Dear Wingman, interesting enough I found 9 dlls missing from my C:\Windows\System32 directory. I found a web site that had all 9 dll files so I downloaded them and moved them into the System32 folder and Wahla Internet Explorer installed and is operating fine. I want to thank you for answering my question and will contact you if I develop any other problems. Once again thank and we can close this thread. jwdo
jwdo

Unread postby Wingman » December 19th, 2013, 4:57 pm

Your welcomed. Glad you resolved your problem! :)
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Software Support (including Windows)