Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

clamAV/F-Prot spyware def's?

Please leave any suggestions and requests here - NO HIJACKTHIS LOGS

clamAV/F-Prot spyware def's?

Unread postby sebastiannielsen » February 6th, 2006, 10:23 am

Im using ipcop ( http://www.ipcop.org ) with the centrally deployed antivirus solution copfilter ( http://www.copfilter.org ).

This solution uses ClamAV and F-Prot as the "engines".

Does it exist any spyware definitions for ClamAV or F-Prot so I can uninstall my anti-spyware from my computer too?
sebastiannielsen

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby ChrisRLG » February 6th, 2006, 10:35 am

From what I have read on those sites, this is software running on a seperate computer that acts as a NAT firewall with a spam and virus filter.

That is not the same as a AV - you will still need that. Although it will increase your security the lack of a runtime AV process on your own computer would, in my opinion, not be very good security wise.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby sebastiannielsen » February 7th, 2006, 5:27 pm

ChrisRLG: "runtime AV process"
but if not any virus can even ENTER the system (the proxy stops the virus at the door), how should they then be able to run?
What's the use of a standard antivirus when the connection is protected against virus by the firewall?

But do you know if it exist some third-party spyware definitions for F-Prot or ClamAV?
sebastiannielsen

Unread postby ChrisRLG » February 7th, 2006, 6:46 pm

A virus can get into a system in lots of ways - even a floppy disc or CD, so running without a active AV is still silly.

No sorry I do not know about any def files for those.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Suggestions and Requests