Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

need advice still

Please leave any suggestions and requests here - NO HIJACKTHIS LOGS

need advice still

Unread postby weatherman » March 15th, 2009, 11:25 am

so downloaded malwarebytes and hi jack this. but i have no internet access on my pc. so i downloaded from my laptop onto disc and tried to run from there to no avail.Hi jack this ran but i can't get the resulys off my pc. nothing was checkmarked anyways. everything i try i get " corrupt file, unreadable. i tried to send to my desktop and run from there, to my documents, c drive etc. no good.in safe mode it says files sre read only, even in command prompt. i am stuck please help
weatherman

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: need advice still

Unread postby chryssi2001 » March 15th, 2009, 12:07 pm

Hello,

Hi jack this ran but i can't get the resulys off my pc

You can't copy the report back to the CD? Do you have a USB (Flash Drive)?
Try to transfer the report on a Flash drive, and post it in malware room.
chryssi2001
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby LDTate » March 15th, 2009, 10:01 pm

You can use windows sfc (system file checker) You'd need your XP CD to make this work.
Click Start> Run> type sfc /scannow Note the space.
(Note that there is a space between sfc and /scannow)
LDTate
WTT Teacher
WTT Teacher

Unread postby weatherman » March 16th, 2009, 7:13 am

No, it will not let me copy to the cd.it says destination is same as origin. i even tried a blank cd. i do not have a flash yet i could get one. I do not have a copy of disk. everything was loaded when purchased and they have backup online xcept i can't get on line.
weatherman

Unread postby ndmmxiaomayi » March 16th, 2009, 9:16 am

What CD are you using? You can't write onto a CD-R more than once. You can only do that on a CD-RW.
ndmmxiaomayi
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby weatherman » March 16th, 2009, 1:54 pm

they are rewritable, cdrw. brand new. i even used a new blank one right out of the case. it seems as though it anticipates my every move. Am I doomed? i tried system restore, it says no restore points.form safe mode i tried last known good configuration.it just didn't do anything.i was able to run chk dsk in safe mode and it found a ton of errors but said it was unable to fix because it was read only.
weatherman

Unread postby weatherman » March 18th, 2009, 7:47 am

I was finally able to download a malicious software and malware removal tool from windows. i did a complete scan and no virus was found. I am getting huge ammounts of corrupt file msgs. i can barely open anything or get anything to run. It seems this is my problem. But how do i repair it? systems tools will not run and I have no set up discs.
weatherman

Unread postby chryssi2001 » March 18th, 2009, 8:51 am

Did you find a flash drive? Open a topic at Malware room here, and post a HijackThis log, so we can help you, using the Flash drive to transfer the report on another pc which has Internet access.

You do have a HijackThis report as you posted earlier.
chryssi2001
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby ndmmxiaomayi » March 18th, 2009, 9:31 am

May I know how do you burn files to a CD?
ndmmxiaomayi
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Suggestions and Requests