Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

hlp with computer plz

Please leave any suggestions and requests here - NO HIJACKTHIS LOGS

hlp with computer plz

Unread postby deemon » February 1st, 2008, 1:22 pm

hi there.
im trying to fix my friends computer,
when i load it up it wont let me on to the netand when i try to get into anything in the start menu it
wont let me in and this comes up (windows cannot find rundll.exe. make sure you have typed the name correctly, and then try again, to serch for a file click the start button, and then click search)
and also this 1
(this application has failed to start msclib.dll was not found reinstalling the application may fix this problem)
he said he had a back door trojan horse
and when hes was trying to get rid of it
he deleted a file or something by the name rundll,exe.
any ideas plz guys
deemon

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: hlp with computer plz

Unread postby Carolyn » February 1st, 2008, 1:35 pm

rundll.exe is a windows operating system file

Your friend can probably use the recovery console to replace the file

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058

That is the link for XP recovery console info. That page has a link to Windows 2000 recovery console info as well.

You should have your friend post a HijackThis log in the Malware removal room.

edit: the correct path for that file is c:\ windows\ rundll.exe
Carolyn
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby deemon » February 1st, 2008, 2:28 pm

cheers mate
but i dont have a restore disk or anything for it
and i dont understand how do these, (Use the Windows Setup floppy disks or the Windows CD-ROM to start your computer. At the "Welcome to Setup" screen, press F10 or press 'R" to repair.
• Use the Winnt32.exe utility with the /cmdcons option to add the Windows Recovery Console to the Windows Startup folder. This procedure requires approximately 7 megabytes (MB) of hard disk space on the system partition to hold the Cmdcons folder and files.)
deemon

Unread postby Carolyn » February 1st, 2008, 3:05 pm

sounds like your friend should take the computer to a repair shop.

if that's not an option, you can try posting at http://forums.techguy.org/. The have support people there that can help with operating system issues.

I'm just a Freshman here, as such I'm not allowed to assist any further with this problem (may have pushed the rules a bit too far already).

Good luck. :)
Carolyn
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby deemon » February 1st, 2008, 3:07 pm

no probs cheers mate
deemon

Unread postby Drewcat » February 1st, 2008, 3:13 pm

Hi,

In case no one here can walk you through this you might try a good forum like Tech Support Forum that has help forums that are more specific to what you need at the moment. While we are happy to talk about other issues, this forum is meant mostly for removing malware. If you do manage to get it online you should right away get a HiJackThis log put up on the malware removal board.

If your friend knows it had a backdoor trojan and ever used it for anything important they should use a clean computer to change passwords and/or if used for banking etc call the bank. It's best to assume any available information on the computer was stolen. Backdoor trojans are information thieves and many people think reformatting is the only way to surely be clean again from them. However, because not everyone can reformat some will clean them the best they can and then not use the computer for anything personal.

Here is Tech Support Forum they are one of the ASAP member sites. There are others listed from the button at the top of this page that says "ASAP Members"
http://www.techsupportforum.com/

Best of luck to you
Drewcat

Unread postby deemon » February 4th, 2008, 8:30 am

thx guys tech support forum helped me with the problem
and i
got the computer sorted guys
got tiny xp installed but i just need help
with 1 last thing please
i dont really like the xp i installed
and want to change it to a diffrent 1
how do i do this please.
deemon

Unread postby Carolyn » February 4th, 2008, 12:18 pm

If you want a free Operating system, I strongly recommend that you choose one that is legal, such as Ubuntu
http://www.ubuntu.com/.

If you want to install a windows operating system then you need to purchase a legal copy.
Carolyn
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Suggestions and Requests