Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Unread Private Message

Please leave any suggestions and requests here - NO HIJACKTHIS LOGS

Unread Private Message

Unread postby Angoid » November 13th, 2007, 6:19 pm

According to the board, I have one unread PM. But I know I've read them all - I did have one come in the day before the forum software was upgraded and when I tried to follow the link, the board was already down for the upgrade.

When the board came up, I was able to read my new PM (even though the link in the email was no longer any good) but it doesn't seem to have cleared the "Unread PM" count down.

Can an admin check to see why this could be? Has anyone else experienced this?
Angoid
Developer
Developer

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Unread Private Message

Unread postby Angoid » November 13th, 2007, 6:20 pm

Bump to remove from ZRL :)
Angoid
Developer
Developer

Unread postby ndmmxiaomayi » November 13th, 2007, 6:38 pm

Same problem as you.

Doesn't really matter though, it hasn't flood my inbox because of that "unread message".
ndmmxiaomayi
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby ChrisRLG » November 14th, 2007, 7:20 am

This is a known problem - I am waiting for an answer.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby P;3 » November 16th, 2007, 10:13 am

I too have one message stuck in my outbox from last week end ; concerned that I had NOT had a reply to my suggestion, I have contacted the relevent forum member who advises me they they have read ALL PM' s sent to them ;I have now relayed the information ; nevertheless the original message was NOT received by the PM method and remains 'stuck' :cry:
P;3

Unread postby Angoid » November 23rd, 2007, 5:57 pm

I sent a PM earlier this evening and it went into my Outbox. I presume this is the same system as under phpBB2 where a message stays there until it is read by the recipient, whereupon it gets moved to the Sent Items folder.

Will wait and see......... :cyclopsani:
Angoid
Developer
Developer

Unread postby jmw3 » April 6th, 2008, 5:01 am

Just wondering about the PM, if there are any problems recently. The reason I ask is that I sent a PM to one of the Admin here on 2nd April & have not received a reply as yet. The PM shows in my Sent Items list. Or am I just being hasty??
jmw3
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby Angoid » April 6th, 2008, 1:43 pm

It depends on the Admin and things such as how busy he is in R/L and so on ..... if it show in your Sent Items (as opposed to your Outbox), then this suggests that it has been seen but they haven't yet had a chance to respond.

Or that the Admin has indeed responded, but it's HIS message that got stuck in the system.

Certainly googling around reveals that other phpBB3 forums have issues with the PM system, but it may have been resolved by now.

Which Admin did you PM? ChrisRLG is also a moderator on the phpBB forum, so if he doesn't check in to this thread it might be worth searching the phpBB forum itself or asking him directly. But try the phpBB forum first:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewforum.php?f=46

Hope that helps!
Angoid
Developer
Developer

Unread postby ChrisRLG » April 6th, 2008, 4:44 pm

If sent to me, please foreward again, as I have my PM's clear at the moment.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby jmw3 » April 6th, 2008, 5:10 pm

Hello Angoid & Chris

The message was sent to Tashi. The message was no big deal about anything just a small request that was supposed to go through him/her.
jmw3
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Suggestions and Requests