Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

HijackThis log

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » May 21st, 2006, 11:16 pm

XP Home or pro?
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » May 21st, 2006, 11:21 pm

Actually... it looks like that shouldnt matter... try updating your Audio drivers by installing this... ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp2400 ... P24465.exe

Reboot when done... let me know how that goes.
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby krforrester » May 22nd, 2006, 1:22 am

XP Pro
krforrester

Unread postby krforrester » May 22nd, 2006, 2:00 am

Everytime I run that program it eventually says "drivers not found" and to restart my computer and start over.
krforrester

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » May 22nd, 2006, 2:38 am

Hehe.... ok... I think you should maybe email HP/Compaq support about this. Its not malware related as your system is clean... its an issue with the hardware in the system.

Their support should be able to resolve the issue for you.

Sorry I wasn't able to resolve it.
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby krforrester » May 22nd, 2006, 10:33 am

Thanks a lot for all of your help. My system is definitely running 100% better than when I first posted.
krforrester

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » May 22nd, 2006, 12:59 pm

Glad I able to help :)

Kinda irked that I couldn't resolve that last issue....

Anyways... some suggestions for you...

If you don't have them, download Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D. Visit this page for proper configuration of Spybot and Ad-Aware. Run and scan with both, letting them fix whatever they find. Remember to reboot between each scan.

Now that your computer is clean, its a good time to reset your System Restore point. This will ensure a clean backup to fall upon if you ever need it. To do this:
  • Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
  • Click the System Restore tab.
  • Check the "Turn off System Restore" or "Turn off System Restore on all drives"

Reboot your computer, follow the steps above, this time unchecking the "Turn off System Restore" and reboot.

I recommend downloading and installing SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard, and IE-SPYAD as well. The programs are free and can be updated... so please do so. Installing these will go a long way in preventing reinfection.

If you don't have one, I recommend installing a Firewall. I'm sure you've heard of ZoneAlarm.

Check out these links How'd I get Infected and Understanding Spyware as well, some good information for you.

Other than that, remember to update Windows frequently, update your protection programs, scan often and...

Surf Safe!
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » May 24th, 2006, 3:36 pm