Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Vbs.exe + svchost.exe using almost all RAM / CPU / DISK...

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Vbs.exe + svchost.exe using almost all RAM / CPU / DISK...

Unread postby zeroone33 » January 22nd, 2023, 8:01 pm

Hey guys. This is a repost of a thread I posted on the Malwarebytes Support Forum this past Wednesday. I had some trouble with their support tool not including the Farbar section of the scan on its Log file I uploaded (I also uploaded the two FRST files I'll be uploading here as well) then was unable to post anything else afterward because of the SPAM filter giving me an unwarranted error. I'm just kinda worried that the files didn't upload correctly or something, as I haven't heard back from anyone in a couple of days at this point and they're usually really good at getting back to people promptly as far as I can tell. Hoping maybe someone here could possibly help me with this if possible, as I'm still experiencing the issue. Thanks to anyone who does, for real :)

I'm a Lifetime license holder of Malwarebytes, and have used and loved your software for long over a decade at this point. Usually, MBAM finds anything and everything that somehow ends up on my system that shouldn't be. But since around 3 weeks ago, I've somehow become infected with a crypto-currency mining virus (as far as I can tell from researching the issue) that I cannot seem to remove. This virus is using almost all of my system resources including RAM, CPU, and Disk up to 100% at times, and as far as I can tell the causes seem to be related to vbc.exe and svchost.exe. I've tried using RKill, TDSSKiller, ADWGuard, CCleaner, MacAfee Stinger, and Process Killer in different orders over the past almost month, with Process Killer really being the only programs that's helped do anything to combat this at all (even though it's not able to fully get rid of the problem itself). I've tried manually deleting specific files as well, and the issue still persists. MacAfee Stinger, TDSSKiller, and MBAM are all coming up clean when scanning with them. Is there anything else that might be able to be done about this? I'm hoping to avoid a full wipe-Windows 10 Enterprise (which is what I'm using OS-wise) if at all possible; I recently lost two 4tb hdds from failure, and really don't have what I need to back up the data I still have saved hardware-wise at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated; thank you!!!
zeroone33

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Vbs.exe + svchost.exe using almost all RAM / CPU / DISK.

Unread postby zeroone33 » January 22nd, 2023, 8:03 pm

Here are those FRST files by the way:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zeroone33

Re: Vbs.exe + svchost.exe using almost all RAM / CPU / DISK.

Unread postby pgmigg » January 22nd, 2023, 8:23 pm

Unfortunately, as you have replayed to your own topic, the topic must be closed as it would likely go unnoticed by helpers who are looking for topics that have only a single post.

May I draw your attention to the topic: ALL USERS OF THIS FORUM MUST READ THIS FIRST, which you should have read before posting for help.

The section here explains why you should not reply to your topic before a helper replies.

Please start a new topic with just a single post, and this time attach your logs, then wait for a helper to reply. Thank you for your understanding.