Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Help with spyware

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Help with spyware

Unread postby Gary R » April 23rd, 2022, 12:17 pm

OK, Chrome looks to have been removed, but there's a few extensions that still appear to be present.

So let's see if we can get rid of them.

• Start FRST.
  • Hit your Windows Key + R to open a Run window
  • Type Notepad then click OK
  • This will open an empty Notepad document
  • Copy/Paste the following into it (Don't include Code: Select All ) .....
Code: Select all
C:\Users\Eldritch\AppData\Local\Google

• Save it as fixlist.txt to the same location as FRST (must be in this location)
  • NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user. Running it on another machine may cause damage to your operating system
  • Now press the Fix button once and wait.
  • FRST will process fixlist.txt
  • When finished, it will produce a log fixlog.txt in the same folder/directory as FRST64.exe
  • Please post me the log

Next ...

Reboot your computer

Then ...

Run a new scan with FRST, and post your new Frst.txt and Addition.txt
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Eldritch » April 23rd, 2022, 6:48 pm

Hi Gary. My computer suddenly crashed a couple of hours ago and now it's stuck at Diagnosing your PC on Startup Repair. Been like that for more than an hour. Is there anything I can do?
Eldritch

Unread postby Gary R » April 24th, 2022, 12:22 am

Just leave it time to finish. Dependant on what the cause is, this may take quite a while, and unfortuately it may even not be able to complete.

I've suspected for a while that you have an intermittent hardware fault, and that it is partly or wholly responsible for many of the problems you've experienced.

I was going to have you run Ram and Hard Drive checks, but this crash kind of confirms my suspicions.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Eldritch » April 25th, 2022, 3:49 pm

Huh. If only a simple hardware change would stop a stalker from following you around and hurling abuse at you, and maybe possibly attacking your computer.

My computer did eventually give me the option to run some checks, so I went ahead and tested memory and hard disk. Memory passed, but hard disk got a Warning on Long DST.

Is there something I can do?
Eldritch

Unread postby Gary R » April 25th, 2022, 4:54 pm

Replace your hard drive.

There's no signs in any of the scans we've run that your computer has been compromised, so if someone is stalking you, then I do not believe it is through the computer that you have supplied the logs from.

If you have not reset your router, then I suggest you do so. Routers and other devices that connect to your Network can also be used as a means to access it, and their defences are often pretty rudimentary.

If you use Social Media, it is also quite possible that one of your online accounts could have been compromised.

Checking these however is beyond the scope of this forum. All I can tell you is that your computer appears to be clean.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Eldritch » April 27th, 2022, 12:22 am

Well... I don't think I'll be able to replace the hard drive right away.

For the moment, Startup Repair apparently restored my computer to factory settings without keeping my files, or something like that...

How should we continue?
Eldritch

Unread postby Gary R » April 27th, 2022, 1:14 am

How should we continue?

We don't.

If you've reset your computer (reverted it to factory settings) then you've cleaned your computer of any possible malware, and any problem you might have is external to that device, which as I said is beyond the scope of this forum.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Gary R » May 3rd, 2022, 2:34 am