Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Ransomware Found

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Ransomware Found

Unread postby caotuan » September 7th, 2021, 6:31 am

Malwareremoval Team:

I received notice from Windows Defender of threats found. Upon receipt of the notice, I ran a scan with Windows Defender which reported clean. I tried to run FRST64 to post to this forum, but the application would immediately close. I ran Adaware, which reported a fraud-click trojan, powelik. I cleaned through Adaware. I ran SpyBot Search & Destroy 2.0, which uncovered Win32.Ransomware.loc. I clean, quarantined, and purged the Ransomware through Spybot.

Upon startup, I receive a Script Error notice. It reports the following:

Line: 1
Char: 78
Error: Invalid root in registry key "HKCU\software\jqaf\jxkm".
Code: 0
URL:

When I click No to continuing the scripts, I receive another popup with a title concerning javascript, ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell.") for the same registry key above.

The FRST.txt and Addition.txt logs are attached.
Attachments
Addition.txt
Addition.txt
(52.54 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
FRST.txt
FRST.txt
(57.77 KiB) Downloaded 3 time
caotuan

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Ransomware Found

Unread postby Gary R » September 7th, 2021, 10:35 am

You have not attached your FRST.txt and Addition.txt to your post.

To attach them in your next reply ....

• Click on Full Editor button to open the forum's post editor.
  • Click on the Upload attachment button and browse to your Frst.txt file.
  • Click on the Add the file button to attach the file.
  • Click on the Upload attachment button again and browse to your Addition.txt file.
  • Click on the Add the file button to attach the file.
  • Click on the Submit button to complete things.

PS .... if you did have a Ransomware infection on your machine, then you should not have tried to remove it, as by removing it you will have removed any potential decryption key, which means that any files it has already encrypted are not likely to be recoverable.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator