Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Malwarebytes blocking sysWOW/dllhost.exe FRST

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Malwarebytes blocking sysWOW/dllhost.exe FRST

Unread postby castlelgr » June 21st, 2021, 10:56 am

I believe I have a virus in my sysWOW/dllhost.exe file, Malware bytes is constantly blocking it from trying to access websites. type = outbound connection. Attached are the FRST logs

Anyhelp with this would be very helpful, I am also unable to do a system restore, it says the c: drive is corrupt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
castlelgr

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Malwarebytes blocking sysWOW/dllhost.exe FRST

Unread postby Gary R » June 23rd, 2021, 4:58 pm

Looking over your logs, back soon.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Gary R » June 23rd, 2021, 5:08 pm

There are signs of infection in your logs, there is also some file damage showing that we need to deal with before we do anything else, so please do the following ....

• Start FRST in a similar manner to when you ran a scan earlier, but this time when it opens ....
  • Press Ctrl+y (Ctrl and y keys at the same time)
  • A blank randomly named .txt Notepad file will open.
  • Copy and paste the following into it (don't include Code: Select all) ....
Code: Select all
EmptyTemp:
CMD: DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
CMD: sfc /scannow

• Press Ctrl+s to save fixlist.txt
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user. Running it on another machine may cause damage to your operating system
  • Now press the Fix button once and wait.
  • FRST will process fixlist.txt
  • When finished, it will produce a log fixlog.txt in the same folder/directory as FRST64.exe
  • Please post me the log

The fixing procedure will take some time (could be hours), so please be patient.

When finished, please run a new Scan with FRST, and post the new FRST.txt and Addition.txt logs.

Summary of the logs I need from you in your next post:
  • fixlog.txt
  • FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt

Please post each log separately to prevent it being cut off by the forum post size limiter. Check each after you've posted it to make sure it's all present, if any log is cut off you'll have to post it in sections.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby castlelgr » June 24th, 2021, 7:39 am

Will do so tonight thanks Gary, I think I may have been able to remove the virus but not sure, but it defo messed up system and can still be there laying low.
castlelgr

Unread postby castlelgr » June 26th, 2021, 10:36 am

Apologies for lateness my internet was down for 2 days, attached are the new logs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
castlelgr

Unread postby Gary R » June 26th, 2021, 5:16 pm

Can you run the "fix" again please.

DISM requires an active internet connection to download the files it needs to fix your system. From the information in your fixlog.txt, it would appear that it was unable to download them.

SFC also did not complete, this may or may not be related to the problems with DISM.

Before proceeding I'd really like to see both complete successfully.

If you're not able to do that, please let me know.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby castlelgr » June 27th, 2021, 11:25 am

Seems like the same issue, couldn't complete.
castlelgr

Unread postby Gary R » June 27th, 2021, 2:43 pm

OK, in that case let's try a different way to achieve the same end.

You need to perform a Repair Install and details for how to do that on a Windows 8.1 machine can be found at .... https://www.eightforums.com/threads/rep ... s-8.26095/

Please read through all the article before proceeding as there is quite a bit of information to take in. If you have any questions then please feel free to ask before you do anything.

If you're not confident that you can perform a repair install, please let me know.

If you prefer, we can deal first with the issues that are showing in your FRST logs, but whether that will resolve any/all of the problems you have is difficult to say.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby castlelgr » June 29th, 2021, 4:40 am

Thanks will try tonight
castlelgr

Unread postby Gary R » July 2nd, 2021, 1:12 am

Due to a lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove