Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Java.Shinwow.AZ

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Addition to last post.

Unread postby lorenr » January 22nd, 2006, 12:56 pm

By the way, I did run ATF Cleaner each time you asked.
Again, thanks so much for all your help!!!! :D :D :D
lorenr
lorenr

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Linkmaster » January 22nd, 2006, 3:25 pm

You are very Welcome !! Glad to be of help ! It is not so much frustrating as it is Challenging, but that is why I do this to help others who dont know, know !!

I need some advice. Just this morning I received and email from Paypal stating the following:
Dear Paypal Member.
"We recently noticed one or more attempts to log in to your PayPal account from a foreign IP address and we have reasons to belive that your account was hijacked by a third party without your authorization. If you recently accessed your account while traveling, the unusual log in attempts may have been initiated by you.

If you are the rightful holder of the account you must click the link below and then complete all steps from the following page as we try to verify your identity.
Click here to verify your account

Protecting the security of your PayPal account is our primary concern, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter."
Do you think this is legit? I haven't clicked on the link yet as now I'm pretty paranoid about these types of things

Delete the email and go directly to the Paypal site to check your account :
PayPal

Should I do another System Restore as the one I did last night would still have the virus on it?

You can if you like !

I have tried twice in the past, on different days and different times, to make a donation to your site...

Support Us

Why wouldn't my eTrust antivirus have blocked the virus and why would the antivirus not remove it. I thought that was what it did?

Spyware and Malware are tricky. Sometimes they morph so frequently that these programs cant keep up with them ! That doesn't mean the tool is bad just needs to be updated as frequently as possible and use multiple scanners !(See next)

How can I keep this from happening again?

Here are a few tools that I recommend for protecting your system and keeping your system clean !!

Real Time Prevention
SpywareBlaster© by Javacool Software
Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted pests.
Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox.
Restrict the actions of potentially dangerous sites in Internet Explorer.
Consumes no system resources.

Download, run, check for updates, download updates, select all, protect against checked. All done. Check for updates every couple of weeks. If you have any errors running the program like a missing file see the link at the bottom of the javacool page
IESpyad© by EHowes : This will add several hundred Restricted Sites to the Restricted Site Zone in IE.

File Cleaners (temp, prefetch, cookie, etc)
2000/XP Only
ATF (Atribune Temp File) Cleaner© by Atribune
All Windows
CCleaner© by CCleaner.com

Spyware Scanners:
Ad-aware SE© by Lavasoft Scans your system for spyware and other threats
a² Scanner© by Emsi Software : Scans for Malware and Trojans on your system.

Good Free Antivirus Programs:
AVG© by Grisoft
Avast© by ALWIL Software
NOTE:Remember always have just 1 antivirus program running at a time. Having more than one running causes a conflict between the programs !! You can use one as a backup to run manually

Windows Update:
It's also very important to keep your system up to date to avoid unnecessary security risks
Windows Update

Firewalls:
If you have an "always on " internet connection, such as DSL or Cable, I recommend a Firewall.
A firewall will make your pc invisible to the outside world and will filter the outgoing and incoming traffic on your pc.
For a good idea of how vulnerable your system(s) are go to GRC
Scroll down to "Shields Up" Click on "Proceed" Then click on "Common Ports"to scan your ports.
Very good Firewalls :
ZoneAlarm Firewall© by Zone Labs
Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall© by Sunbelt

These next steps are optional, but will provide the greatest protection
Use ANY browser besides Internet Explorer, almost every exploit is crafted to take advantage of an IE weakness
Alternative Browsers:
[url=http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=16458&t=82[url=http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=16458&t=82]FireFox© by Mozilla[/url]
Opera© by Opera Software ASA

Java Runtime Environment© Sun Microsystems. It's much more secure than Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine .

Always keep your Antivirus & Spyware Removal Tools current with the latest definitions and updates !!

Using these tools and keeping them updated will reduce the risk of future infections!!

Did I answer all your questions ?? and do you have any more ??
Linkmaster
MRU Honors Grad Emeritus

Unread postby lorenr » January 22nd, 2006, 5:05 pm

I took your advice on the Paypal email. Paypal said they would always address emails to your name, not "Paypal Member" or something similar, so I forwarded them the email.
I went to GRC and ran a check, passed with flying colors! I have a router and I use the eTrust firewall that comes with my cable service.
I have Spyware Blaster, IESpyad, ATF and CCleaner, Ad-aware and a couple others. My computer is set to do automatic Windows updates and I do check at least once a week manually.
I will switch to one of the alternative browsers tonight, which, I guess, is my only other option, other than getting an Apple computer.
I WILL try again to donate tonight! I greatly appreciate your help and patience!! :D :D
Lorenr
lorenr

Unread postby Linkmaster » January 22nd, 2006, 8:35 pm

Again, you are most Welcome !! 8)
Linkmaster
MRU Honors Grad Emeritus

Unread postby Nick-YF19 » January 23rd, 2006, 7:33 pm

Glad we could be of assistance.