Honestly, I was a little surprised to read your previous post, but this just says that I underestimated the danger of infection and its survivability - I apologize!
It seems to me now that it is the Google SYNC activity prevented complete cleanup.
So, you need to set it to Off so the cleanups can proceed. Then much later when all done, you can turn it back on...
Turn off sync and reset it
If you turn off sync, you can still see your bookmarks, history, passwords, and other settings on your computer. If you make any changes, they won't be saved to your Google Account and synced to your other devices.
When you turn off sync, you’ll also be signed out of other Google services, like Gmail.
- Please close all opened browsers.
- Then open Google Chrome browser.
- At the top right, click on Profile Picture and pop-up screen will appear - you will see the Sync is on link - click on it.
- Click on Turn off.
- Using Chrome browser go to https://www.google.com/settings/chrome/sync and sign into your account.
- Scroll down until you see the RESET SYNC button and click on it. At the prompt click on Ok.
- Please close Chrome.
Scan and Clean with AdwCleaner.
- Please close all open programs and windows.
- You should still have the AdwCleaner.exe on your Desktop. If it not, please download AdwCleaner and save it to your Desktop.
- Double click AdwCleaner.exe to run it. If it will ask for update please decline it.
- Click Yes on UAC question and I Agree on Welcome window.
- Click Scan now button and wait for a while until the scan finish... if something will be found you will see Scan results, then click on Quarantine button.
- At the finish of Quarantine process, AdwCleaner will ask you to restart - please allow it.
- On reboot a log will open AdwCleaner[Cxx].txt. Copy and paste the contents of that log file in your reply.
- You can also find the most recent log file at C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[Cxx].txt.
- After computer restrt,please update Malwarebytes and run a quick scan one more time to be sure that in this case all bad founds were gone forever. Place scan report content in your next reply.
- Please don't switch Google Sync to On until I ask you to do it! <----- Important!
Please post each log separately to prevent it being cut off by the forum post size limiter.
Check each after you've posted it to make sure it's all present, if any log is cut off you'll have to post it in sections...
Don't post anything as attachments unless I will ask you about it specifically!
Please include in your next reply:
- Do you have any problems executing the instructions?
- Contents of the most recent AdwCleaner[Cxx].txt log file
- Contents of the Malwarebytes log file
- Do you see any changes in computer behavior?
Failure to post replies within 72 hours will result in this thread being closed