Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Got malware in Android phone

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Got malware in Android phone

Unread postby badthings » October 21st, 2019, 5:07 am

I was looking around the internet for a cracked game on a not trustworthy website (bad idea, I know, I've used this way to install games on Apknite almost every time so I was so reckless at this time), and I downloaded one that was not what it said it was. I installed it, and it opened up to something labeled as a CPU monitor. That is not what I was looking for.

I noticed is that the APK now removes the Install button every time I try to open it. Which should have turned into an uninstall button after being installed.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't know what this thing is doing on my phone, but I don't want it there.
badthings

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Got malware in Android phone

Unread postby Gary R » October 21st, 2019, 5:16 am

I'm sorry, but we do not help with phone problems, only computer infections.

The following help sites do offer the sort of help you need ....

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums ... ndroid-os/
https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f312/
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/forum/17 ... e-android/

.... all are long standing sites with a good reputation, and will generally offer you good advice.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby badthings » October 21st, 2019, 5:18 am

Thanks for your response!
I assume that this forum is about malware in general :(
badthings

Unread postby Gary R » October 21st, 2019, 7:59 am

This forum is about Malware in general, however there is a distinct difference in the way that Malware on a phone, and Malware on a computer are treated, and the methods and tools we use here to remove infections from someone's computer, are not compatible with the Operating systems and Hardware found on Phones.

Android is essentially a Linux Kernel with a customised User Interface produced mostly by Google, it therefore operates in an entirely different way to the Windows based systems that we are dealing with when we are dealing with computer infections.

The helpers here are trained to work with Windows, and though we may be able to offer you generalised security information for your phone, from what I read in your opening post, it seemed to me that that is not the type of assistance you were looking for.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby NonSuch » October 21st, 2019, 3:52 pm

@badthings - This is the risk you take when you install an APK from an unknown/unverified source.

You will need to do a factory reset and do not restore from a backup, which would likely restore the malware, set the phone up as new. Presumably you have a Google account; therefore, your Contacts and other data, such as photos and most Google Play Store apps, should automatically be downloaded to your phone if you use that same account.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove