Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Wife has had 2 laptops locked

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Wife has had 2 laptops locked

Unread postby mestor » July 8th, 2019, 4:49 am

I don't know enough about computer security. My wife has had 2 laptops get locked by some asshole. The first one they didn't just lock it up but from what she's been told they didn't do a good enough job to get in touch with her. Well, it just happened for a 2nd time except for this time they were able to put a warning on the screen and have her call this number. She called the number and they demanded $200 to fix it. Well, she was at least smart enough to not give them any money.

This happened at her place of work both times. 2 other people have had their laptops shutdown. One of them was last week and one of them was today at the same time she got hers locked.

What would be the security breach that they could get access to her laptop?

She works in a small counseling office so everyone there really has no clue, thus why it has already gotten to at least 4 people.
mestor

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Wife has had 2 laptops locked

Unread postby pgmigg » July 8th, 2019, 10:32 am

Business Use

It appears you are using your computer for business purposes.

May I draw your attention to the topic: ALL USERS OF THIS FORUM MUST READ THIS FIRST, which you should have read before posting for help.

The section here explains why we do not offer help for such computers. Thank you for your understanding.