Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Need help with RAT virus removal

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Need help with RAT virus removal

Unread postby BigFamily » June 21st, 2019, 12:51 am

Hi everyone,
This is my first time here and after seeing the site I've realized that I'm in the right crowd to seek help about my problem. couple of weeks a go I received an email saying that the person knows my password (I'm not sure where I used that password, but it looked like something I would have used some time) and he (because after around a week later the email the person called me on my phone number and wanted to talk to me) asked me to pay him money, $1800. :) Here it is, the email I've received:
I know your password is: 32413241jobs

You got infected with my malware, RAT (Remote Administration Tool), while browsing the web where my iframe was placed, in the background you got redirected to my exploitpack, your browser wasn't patched so you got infected!

My malware gave me full control over your computer and access to all your accounts (see password above)!

I COLLECTED ALL YOUR PRIVATE DATA!
YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN - I KNOW ALL YOUR SECRETS - YOU KNOW THAT THIS ISN'T A JOKE!

After that I removed my malware, to not leave any traces.

If you don't pay me exactly 1800$ in bitcoin (BTC), I will PUBLISH ALL YOUR DATA, send it to all your contacts, over email, post in on social network!

WE BOTH KNOW - this is a very good price - compared to LIVING HELL!

YOU GOT 2 DAYS TIME TO GET THE BITCOIN (BTC) AND PAY!

One exchanger is www.paxful.com (there are many ways to buy bitcoin), other is www.coinbase.com
You also can Google for other sites, "Where to buy bitcoin?"

My bitcoin wallet is: 1GmebPccNzPrkFiWknizbsCfzgXv27JGZP

Copy and paste my wallet, it's (cAsE-sensetive)

After receiving the payment, I will delete all your data and you can life your live in peace like before.
If you get this email multiple times, it's to make sure you read it.
You will make everything worse, if you show this email to anyone - this should stay our little secret!

MailClientID: 7126891076

THANK you very much in advance! Thanks for being there for us in need!
Peace
BigFamily

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Need help with RAT virus removal

Unread postby Gary R » June 21st, 2019, 3:39 am

This is a scam, and the likelihood is that your computer is not infected.

Please read .... https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/s ... ult-sites/ .... which describes a very similar type of attack.

Although your machine is unlikely to be infected, your passwords and other personal data have been obtained from a data breech, and you should take action to change your passwords .... (see advice in article I linked to above)

If you want you can post a set of FRST logs .... https://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/vi ... 81#p491381 .... and I'll be happy to look them over for you.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby BigFamily » June 28th, 2019, 10:48 am

Gary R wrote:This is a scam, and the likelihood is that your computer is not infected.

Please read .... https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/s ... ult-sites/ .... which describes a very similar type of attack.

Although your machine is unlikely to be infected, your passwords and other personal data have been obtained from a data breech, and you should take action to change your passwords .... (see advice in article I linked to above)

If you want you can post a set of FRST logs .... https://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/vi ... 81#p491381 .... and I'll be happy to look them over for you.

Hi there Gary R,
THANK you very much for your reply (as I am very new on this site It took me for a while before I could find your reply :) ).

I will definitely change my passwords and regarding the FRST logs, is there a SECURE site where I can use to get these logs, or is it something I can do with the CMD? Thank you very very much in advance and thanks for being there for people like us who are in need for help with such peoples scam!

Regards,
BigFamily

Unread postby Gary R » June 28th, 2019, 12:52 pm

If your computer is 64 bit (and most are these days) use the following link to download FRST .... https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/downlo ... ool/dl/82/

It's a https link, to a site that is one of the longest running security sites on the Web (the creator of FRST works out of there), so you can be assured that a download from there is clean (even if your security programs may tell you otherwise).
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove