Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

NSWatchDog, NielsenUnistallModule and whoami.exe

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

NSWatchDog, NielsenUnistallModule and whoami.exe

Unread postby Emiri » January 27th, 2019, 5:34 am

Hello :)
I'm Emily and really new to this forum.
Actually, I am just here for this post, and it's the first time I ever write in a forum, so I want to apologize for my form if it should be inappropriate.

My PC has been really slow lately, so I ran a few AntiVirus Programs (free Avira AntiVirus and free CCleaner) which couldn't detect anything. Somehow through all this, I can't remember how, I stumbled upon a program called 'NSWatchDog' or something by NielsenOnline with an orange icon if I remember correctly. Currently I'm trying to find that again, but the exact thing doesn't show up if I just search for it in all my files.
When I was checking for the term "watchdog" I got a few results though.
1.png

Of course I googled and it was said to be a trojan.
Also I specifically checked for Nielsen Online, which i installed a Chrome extension from a few weeks ago (and directly deinstalled it after that with the control panel). However, today I also found more files with 'Nielsen' in the name, including NielsenUnistallModule.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\NetRatingsNetSight\NetSight\NielsenSurvey.
2.png

3.png

Whenever i try to run it, it just opens in the taskmanager in details and nothing more happens. For me that seems really fishy, because I can't deinstall it via the control panel. It's simply not listed.
Because I was looking through \System32, I went through the names and found 'whoami.exe' and 'where.exe', which also had really sketchy names and make me worry.
4.png

I asked a close friend of mine for help but he couldn't do much. But he also discovered 'whoami.exe' and 'where.exe' on his laptop, and to our surprise it was added on the same date, same minute and second, even though we didn't had any contact at this time. The same applies for a forum member of another site we found.

I'm sorry, I don't exactly know which details you need to help, so I will just add pictures of the system information and DirectX diagnostic tool.
5.png

6.png

Is anything of this harmful? And how can I successfully remove and/or fix it?
Thank You for your help, just ask me if any more informations are needed

Greetings, Emily
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emiri

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: NSWatchDog, NielsenUnistallModule and whoami.exe

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » January 27th, 2019, 6:40 am

NO LOG

By posting just a description of your problems it is likely that your topic will be passed by and you will not receive the help you're requesting.
We need to know what's running on your computer so that we can provide the appropriate instructions.

May I draw your attention to THIS topic, which you should have read, that states what we need you to post, so we can help you.

If you still need help, please start a new thread an include your FRST logs:
  • FRST.txt.
  • Addition.txt.
  • Details of the problems you're experiencing.

If for any reason you can't run FRST, please let us know in your post.

This topic will now be closed.
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!