Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Coinbase Account Hacked

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Coinbase Account Hacked

Unread postby pgmigg » December 23rd, 2018, 12:59 pm

Hi BranchDavidian,

Is there a way for me to get Windows 10 free?
No, there is no legal way as we are talking about legal ways only!
In July 2015, Microsoft announced that within a year any user can obtain upgrade to Windows 10 for free if his computer compatible. Then then this process became paid and remains so.

If not, can I use the old Windows 7 software that we used to do the repave?
One way or another, but having a Home Version of Windows 7, you will have to pay for a new Windows 10 Home in the coming year in any case - so, if I were you, I would have done it today when the new system is already installed. The programs that you bought with your computer many years ago did not go away, they stayed on the special system hidden partition of your hard drive from which you made the Factory Restore. I believe that if you call HP Customer Support, they will help you to extract it from there, if you want. Another thing, does it make sense?
As far as I understand, you don't use anything from that old software - even the Norton protection suite was successfully changed to Avast. All other stuff, as games mostly, you can download from WildTangent or different other sites, as well as it was done for browsers.

To receive free updates and first of all to be protected, you must have a legal version of the Windows 10 system, that is, pay for a license.

Thank you,
pgmigg
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby BranchDavidian » December 24th, 2018, 7:21 am

"One way or another, but having a Home Version of Windows 7, you will have to pay for a new Windows 10 Home in the coming year in any case - so, if I were you, I would have done it today when the new system is already installed."

I was not aware of this. Does this mean that sometime during the year my software or hardware will stop working because of something Microsoft does?
If this is the case, then it appears to me that I only have two options.
1. Pay (about $100 ? ) to download Windows 10 on this 5 to 10 year old computer, or
2. Buy another computer for $300 and have all new.

Do I understand you correctly? Am I correct as to my options?
BranchDavidian

Unread postby pgmigg » December 24th, 2018, 11:25 am

Hi BranchDavidian,

BranchDavidian wrote:I was not aware of this. Does this mean that sometime during the year my software or hardware will stop working because of something Microsoft does?
If this is the case, then it appears to me that I only have two options.
1. Pay (about $100 ? ) to download Windows 10 on this 5 to 10 year old computer, or
2. Buy another computer for $300 and have all new.

Do I understand you correctly? Am I correct as to my options?
In general, the situation is almost the same, but let's talk about it a little more.

The likelihood that something will happen with the old computer grows from year to year, but this applies to all computers and we will not talk about it now.
Of course, the Microsoft will not do anything specially bad, but the termination of official support of the system quickly leads to the fact that even just surfing the Internet becomes unsafe.
The main problem for you is that in the near future the life of the Windows 7 is expired and Microsoft ceases to support it, which means that third manufacturers cease to issue updates as well for the old software and drivers for hardware that you have installed. Progress goes forward and all of modern systems are moving to new protocols, data formats, etc., while your software and hardware remain unchanged and partially or completely stop working. This does not happen in one day but rather quickly. In other words, paying separately for a license for a new operating system installed on an old computer does not make much sense.

In such a situation, naturally, it is more profitable and better to replace the computer entirely and get everything together and immediately.

I hope that clarified the situation a bit.
pgmigg
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby BranchDavidian » December 24th, 2018, 1:02 pm

Alright then. At the start of this process, when I shook the computer and the dust flew resulting in the beeping that made me think I had ruined the computer, I went and bought a new one. I have been waiting before returning it to make sure no problems developed here.
So, it looks like I keep the new computer.
But, since downloading the Avast software and running a scan, this computer is working just fine now - although I did get a warning that my router is not safe. I don't know whether the Avast scan cleaned that up or if I need a new router also to be safe using this computer.
It seems like a shame to simply toss this computer now after repaving, but if that is what you suggest, then that is what I will do.

Thanks, pgmigg
BranchDavidian

Unread postby pgmigg » December 24th, 2018, 2:20 pm

Hi BranchDavidian,

BranchDavidian wrote:So, it looks like I keep the new computer.
Good idea!!! :D
BranchDavidian wrote:But, since downloading the Avast software and running a scan, this computer is working just fine now - although I did get a warning that my router is not safe. I don't know whether the Avast scan cleaned that up or if I need a new router also to be safe using this computer.
I don't think that Avast could resolve any issue with routers. Perhaps your router is outdated with the computer too and it should also be replaced.

Since you have all your computers clean, I highly recommend you to get technical help for your not related to malware problems, including the router issue, outside of our forum and would like to refer you to a technical support forum like: Tech Support Guy.

BranchDavidian wrote:Thanks, pgmigg
You are very welcome! :)

Have a good holidays!
Stay Safe! ;)
pgmigg
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby pgmigg » December 25th, 2018, 9:36 pm

As the problems seem to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see
Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous