Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Possible Rat or other infection

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Possible Rat or other infection

Unread postby longstop » May 23rd, 2018, 10:32 am

My computer would randomly jump to desktop while I am playing a fullscreen game. In one instance, I was at desktop and Origin client started for no reason. There instances of game randomly closing.
More recently phishing sites started to randomly pop up and replace the webpage I was viewing.
Glasswire showed me the other day that a video file unexpectedly started an internet connection. I have since deleted that file.

Malwarebytes returned no results today. I have always thought my PC was infected by something, it could be an old infection.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
longstop

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Possible Rat or other infection

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » May 30th, 2018, 3:14 pm

Hello longstop,

My apologies for the delay in getting to your topic. If you still need help, please post a frest set of FRST logs..

• Right-click on FRST64.exe and select Run as administrator.
  • The tool might update. Please allow it to do so.
  • Select Scan.
  • When the scan is over two windows will open, FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
  • Please post the contents of both logs in your next reply.

If you don't require help anymore, I would be grateful if you could let me know, so that I can close this topic.

mAL
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: Possible Rat or other infection

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » June 2nd, 2018, 3:14 pm

Due to a lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher