Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Bonfire & Logue Malware?

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Bonfire & Logue Malware?

Unread postby djyumene » March 23rd, 2018, 8:32 am

I'm not sure what to call this post. I'm not sure what exactly I clicked on to have this happen. Right now I do not have access to the computer as it's running a full scan on safe mode and offline. So I'm writing this from my phone. Because of what it's doing I can't even get anything to run anyways to get the logs needed.

So essentially what's happening is that my computer is starting a bunch of processes called:

Bonfire
Logue

They each have around 10-15 processes and keep my CPU and GPU maxed to 100%. Occasionally it will pop up windows with random music videos. I did notice (because of the icon in the window that popped up) that it appeared to be Java windows. I was able to uninstall Java and the popups did stop, however these processes are still hanging up my computer.

What I have done:

- Run anti-malware and sent over 1000 items to quarentee (ones I noted were warnings to host file changes).
- Deleted any mentions of 'bonfire.exe' and 'logue.exe' that I found via search in windows explorer. Note: Not all could be deleted since I would get an error that a process was using it (even if I already killed the process).
- Tried to force delete the exe's via cmd prompt (several failed because of 'permission denied' despite running cmd as administrator)
- Dug into regedit to delete enteries that referred to the exe's.
- Disabled any auto runs that referenced the exe's (Note: despite disabling them, they reenabled themselves on their own)
- Tried to disable the files by manually adding them to my virus valult in Avast (this helped the number of processes created, but they still appear and hog down the computer).

Programs/Software:
Avast Virus Protection
Anti-malware Bytes
Windows Firewall Enabled
CCleaner

If someone can help in getting the computer stable so I can run the programs needed for the required logs it would be greatly appreciated!
djyumene

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Bonfire & Logue Malware?

Unread postby djyumene » March 23rd, 2018, 8:33 am

Unable to edit, but should note that this is Windows 10.
djyumene

Re: Bonfire & Logue Malware?

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » March 23rd, 2018, 8:42 am

NO LOG
By posting just a description of your problems it is likely that your topic will be passed by and you will not receive the help you're requesting.
We need to know what's running on your computer so that we can provide the appropriate instructions.

May I draw your attention to THIS topic, which you should have read, that states what we need you to post, so we can help you.

If you still need help, please start a new thread an include your FRST logs:
  • FRST.txt.
  • Addition.txt.
  • Details of the problems you're experiencing.

If for any reason you can't run FRST, please let us know in your post.

Note: It is very important that you don't reply to your topic, since helpers look for topics with zero replies.

This topic will now be closed.
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher