So essentially what's happening is that my computer is starting a bunch of processes called:
They each have around 10-15 processes and keep my CPU and GPU maxed to 100%. Occasionally it will pop up windows with random music videos. I did notice (because of the icon in the window that popped up) that it appeared to be Java windows. I was able to uninstall Java and the popups did stop, however these processes are still hanging up my computer.
What I have done:
- Run anti-malware and sent over 1000 items to quarentee (ones I noted were warnings to host file changes).
- Deleted any mentions of 'bonfire.exe' and 'logue.exe' that I found via search in windows explorer. Note: Not all could be deleted since I would get an error that a process was using it (even if I already killed the process).
- Tried to force delete the exe's via cmd prompt (several failed because of 'permission denied' despite running cmd as administrator)
- Dug into regedit to delete enteries that referred to the exe's.
- Disabled any auto runs that referenced the exe's (Note: despite disabling them, they reenabled themselves on their own)
- Tried to disable the files by manually adding them to my virus valult in Avast (this helped the number of processes created, but they still appear and hog down the computer).
Avast Virus Protection
Windows Firewall Enabled
If someone can help in getting the computer stable so I can run the programs needed for the required logs it would be greatly appreciated!