Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Ransomware Found

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Ransomware Found

Unread postby patrick86 » December 13th, 2017, 4:45 pm

Malwareremoval Team:

I received notice from Windows Defender of threats found. Upon receipt of the notice, I ran a scan with Windows Defender which reported clean. I tried to run FRST64 to post to this forum, but the application would immediately close. I ran Adaware, which reported a fraud-click trojan, powelik. I cleaned through Adaware. I ran SpyBot Search & Destroy 2.0, which uncovered Win32.Ransomware.loc. I clean, quarantined, and purged the Ransomware through Spybot.

Upon startup, I receive a Script Error notice. It reports the following:

Line: 1
Char: 78
Error: Invalid root in registry key "HKCU\software\jqaf\jxkm".
Code: 0
URL:

When I click No to continuing the scripts, I receive another popup with a title concerning javascript, ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell.") for the same registry key above.

The FRST.txt and Addition.txt logs are attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
patrick86

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Ransomware Found

Unread postby pgmigg » December 13th, 2017, 6:46 pm

Hello patrick86,

Welcome to the forum! :)

I am pgmigg and I'll be helping you with any malware problems.

Before we begin, please read and follow these important guidelines, so things will proceed smoothly.
  1. The instructions being given are for YOUR computer and system only!
    Using these instructions on a different computer can cause damage to that computer and possibly render it inoperable!
  2. You must have Administrator rights, permissions for this computer.
  3. DO NOT run any other fix or removal tools unless instructed to do so!
  4. DO NOT install any other software (or hardware) during the cleaning process until we are done as well as
    DO NOT Remove, or Scan with anything on your system unless I ask. This adds more items to be researched.
    Extra Additions and Removals of files make the analysis more difficult.
  5. Only post your problem at (1) one help site. Applying fixes from multiple help sites can cause problems.
  6. Print each set of instructions if possible - your Internet connection will not be available during some fix processes.
  7. Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
  8. Only reply to this thread, do not start another one. Please, continue responding, until I give you the "All Clean!" :cheers:
    Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.

I am currently reviewing your logs and will return, as soon as possible, with additional instructions. In the meantime...

Note: If you haven't done so already, please read this topic ALL USERS OF THIS FORUM MUST READ THIS FIRST where the conditions for receiving help here are explained.

Please read all instructions carefully before executing and perform the steps, in the order given.
lf you have any questions or problems executing these instructions, <<STOP>> do not proceed, post back with the question or problem.

Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start

Failure to post replies within 72 hours will result in this thread being closed
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby pgmigg » December 13th, 2017, 7:06 pm

Hello patrick86,

Step 1.
Run CKScanner
  1. Please download CKScanner from Here
  2. Important: - Save it to your Desktop.
  3. Double-click CKScanner.exe and click Search For Files.
  4. After a very short time, when the cursor hourglass disappears, click Save List To File.
  5. A message box will verify the file saved.
  6. Double-click the CKFiles.txt icon on your desktop and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.

Step 2.
TSG - SysInfo utility
  1. Please download SysInfo utility and save it to your Desktop.
  2. Right click on SysInfo.exe, select "Run As Administrator..." to run it... if UAC prompts, please allow it.
  3. Right click, select copy and then paste in your next post.

Step 3.
Run CodeCheck Scan
  1. Please download codecheck from here to your Desktop.
  2. Make sure that codecheck.exe is on the your Desktop before running the application!
  3. Right-click on codecheck.exe and select "Run as administrator..." to run it.
  4. After a very short time a codecheck.txt icon will appear on your Desktop
  5. Double-click on the codecheck.txt icon on your Desktop and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.

Then:
Please tell me is this computer used for business purposes and connected to a business or educational network?
I need to know it - so I can provide the proper instructions.

Please include in your next reply:
  1. Do you have any problems executing the instructions?
  2. Contents of CKFiles.txt log file
  3. Contents of SysInfo scan
  4. Contents of a log created by codecheck.txt
  5. Answers to my question related to type of using of your computer

Thanks,
pgmigg

Failure to post replies within 72 hours will result in this thread being closed
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby patrick86 » December 15th, 2017, 5:50 pm

A. No problems executing instructions.

B. CKSFiles.txt
CKScanner 2.5 - Additional Security Risks - These are not necessarily bad
scanner sequence 3.RP.11.OENAH0
----- EOF -----

C. SysInfo Scan
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8134 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8570, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 226 GB (165 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0XCR8D
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

D. Codecheck.txt
Codecheck Version 1.0

E. This is my computer. It is connected to my work network.
patrick86

Unread postby pgmigg » December 15th, 2017, 11:02 pm

Business Use
It appears you are using your computer for business purposes.

May I draw your attention to the topic: ALL USERS OF THIS FORUM MUST READ THIS FIRST, which you should have read before posting for help.

The section here explains why we do not offer help for such computers. Thank you for your understanding.