Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

System Infection, re-directs, system slow down

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

System Infection, re-directs, system slow down

Unread postby thef0restchicken » November 6th, 2017, 7:34 pm

Hello All,

My Lenovo G50 laptop has been infected with some kind of virus. I get a lot of re-directs now to various harmful URLs. I also noticed my system is running incredibly slow and none of the anti-malware programs I tried worked. The browser also freezes and hangs quite often now as well, and folders and files can take a long time to open.

the FRST logs were too long, so i have attached them here. Thank you very much for any help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thef0restchicken

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: System Infection, re-directs, system slow down

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » November 7th, 2017, 6:35 am

Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.

If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the Malware Removal forum and wait for help.

Failure to post replies within 3 days will result in this thread being closed.

Hello thef0restchicken,

Welcome to Malware Removal! My name is mAL_rEm018, but feel free to call me mAL. I will be helping you with your malware related problems :)

Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.

To make sure everything goes smoothly, I would like you to observe the following rules:
  • You must have Administrator rights, permissions for this computer.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start another topic.
  • Perform all actions in the order given.
  • If you don't know, stop and ask!
  • DO NOT run any other fix or removal tools unless instructed to do so!
  • Don't attempt to install any new software (other than those I ask you to) until your computer is clean.
  • DO NOT post for help at any other forum. Applying fixes from multiple help sites can cause problems.
  • I advise you to print the instructions if possible, since your internet connection might not be available during some of the fixes.
  • Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear, therefore stick with this topic until I give you the "all clear".

I am currently reviewing your logs and will return as soon as possible, with additional instructions. In the meantime I would like you to read and get acquainted with the following topic: HOW TO GET HELP IN THIS FORUM - everyone must read this, where the conditions for receiving help here are explained.
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » November 7th, 2017, 6:56 am

Hello thef0restchicken,

Is this computer used for any type of business purposes?

CKScanner

• Please download CKScanner from Here
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Right-Click on CKScanner.exe and select Run as Administrator.
  • Select Search For Files
  • When the scan in finished, click on Save List To File.
  • Open CKFiles.txt on your desktop and post the contents in your next reply.
    Only run CKScanner.exe once.

-----------------------------------------
In your next reply, I would like to see..
  • Answer to my question
  • CKFiles.txt
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby thef0restchicken » November 7th, 2017, 1:40 pm

Hi mAL, thanks for your help! This is my personal laptop.
thef0restchicken

Unread postby thef0restchicken » November 7th, 2017, 1:42 pm

I do use it at work sometimes though, is that a problem?
thef0restchicken

Unread postby thef0restchicken » November 7th, 2017, 1:53 pm

CKScanner 2.5 - Additional Security Risks - These are not necessarily bad
c:\users\joseph\desktop\final draft 9.0.2 build 136 (cracked exe) [chingliu]\chingliu.install.notes.nfo
c:\users\joseph\desktop\final draft 9.0.2 build 136 (cracked exe) [chingliu]\final_draft_9.0.2.136.exe
c:\users\joseph\desktop\final draft 9.0.2 build 136 (cracked exe) [chingliu]\how to open nfo files.txt
c:\users\joseph\desktop\final draft 9.0.2 build 136 (cracked exe) [chingliu]\cracked exe\final draft.exe
c:\users\joseph\desktop\shortcuts\video thumbnails maker platinum 8.0.0.0\crack\videothumbnailsmaker.exe
scanner sequence 3.BC.11.HBAPUZ
----- EOF -----
thef0restchicken

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » November 7th, 2017, 1:54 pm

Hello thef0restchicken,

thef0restchicken wrote:I do use it at work sometimes though, is that a problem?

Unfortunately, yes. The message below will explain why.

Business Use / Business Networked Computer
It appears you are using your computer for business purposes or connecting to a business network.

May I draw your attention to the topic: ALL USERS OF THIS FORUM MUST READ THIS FIRST, which you should have read before posting for help.

The section here explains why we do not offer help for such computers. Thank you for your understanding.