Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

removal of myway.com homepage. Browser Hijacker

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: removal of myway.com homepage. Browser Hijacker

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » November 3rd, 2017, 1:52 am

Hi Dave,

I think a restore would probably be better.

I think this is a wise choice. It will save you a lot of time in the end. :)

mAL there is no restore point on my home pc either. is this something to do with windows 10, as i havnt used this myware.com browser on my pc

System Restore is disabled by default on a lot of computers using Windows 10, so this is most likely why there is no restore point on your other computer.

one thing i just remembered. We moved home and i no longer can find my old Windows 7 discs or pass code. The windows 10 upgrade was eventually automated by windows 10 because i hadnt chosen an upgrade time, it chose one for me. How would i get windows 10 back on my laptop please

That's not a problem. Fortunately, you don't have to return your computer to Windows 7 in order to reset it.

First step I'd like you to take is to make a backup of your data. Do you have an external hard drive you could use?

Please see the following two links on how to make a backup in Windows 10: Link1 and link2

Let me know if you were able to create a backup or if you encounter any problem. If you were able to create the backup, then we will proceed with the reset.
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Tigerbay888 » November 3rd, 2017, 4:31 am

Hi mAL . Yes i have an external hard drive. I will follow these links and let you know the outcome. Thanks
Dave
Tigerbay888

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » November 3rd, 2017, 8:19 am

Tigerbay888 wrote:Yes i have an external hard drive. I will follow these links and let you know the outcome. Thanks

I'll wait for your reply. :thumbleft:
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Tigerbay888 » November 3rd, 2017, 4:12 pm

Hello mAL . i think its all backed up now. I have checked the external hard drive and it seems to have all the files. Are there any other things i need to note on the laptop before i restore, as i always seem to be missing things when other people do a restore in the past.

thanks
Dave
Tigerbay888

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » November 4th, 2017, 7:10 am

Hi Dave,

If I were you, I would also take note of all programs installed on your computer, since you may wish to re-install them after the reset. Please note that you should not re-install BitLord. I will explain why in my closing post.

You should also backup the bookmarks from any browser you use: How to backup and restore my Favorites or Bookmarks

Once all the above is done, you can proceed with the steps below. I advise you to read through and print out these instructions before starting the Reset process.

How to Reset Windows 10

• Open the Start menu and select Settings.
  • Click on Update & security.
  • Select Recovery from the left pane.
  • Click on Reset this PC under Reset this PC.
  • Under Choose an option, select Remove everything.
  • Under Do you want to clean the drives, too?, select Remove files and clean the drive.
    A message will appear stating that if you proceed, you will no longer be able to roll back to your previous OS.
  • If you agree, select Next and then Reset.
  • Once the process is over, please select Continue.

In your next post, please let me know if you were able to perform the Reset successfully. How is your computer behaving now?
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Tigerbay888 » November 4th, 2017, 11:51 am

Thanks mAL. i will follow the info and links you have just posted me. No i wasnt going to install Bitlord, as we dont use it anymore or trust it. If i could get back to you if i get stuck on anything, that would be wonderful

Thanks
Dave
Tigerbay888

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » November 4th, 2017, 12:05 pm

Tigerbay888 wrote:If i could get back to you if i get stuck on anything, that would be wonderful

Yes, of course you can. :) I will leave this topic open for 3 days, which should give you enough time to perform the reset. If for any reason you need more time, let me know.
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Tigerbay888 » November 5th, 2017, 4:37 pm

Hi mAL . The reset is complete now. would you be able to walk me through reloading my backed up files back to the laptop if possible please

many thanks
Dave
Tigerbay888

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » November 5th, 2017, 5:04 pm

Hi Dave,

I'm happy that the Reset went well! :cheers:

If you follow the instructions in the link below, you should be able to restore your files. :)

Windows 10 - How to restore your files from the backup?

If you encounter any problem, then please let me know.

mAL
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Tigerbay888 » November 6th, 2017, 5:36 am

mAL . my saved files wont bring any malware or any of that myway.com browser hijacker software would it

Dave
Tigerbay888

Unread postby Tigerbay888 » November 6th, 2017, 6:11 am

Also mAL. I was thinking of resetting my pc aswell, but the hard drive has been partitioned into two parts. one is holding windows 10 and the other windows 7. would it just reset the partition with windows 10 on if I reset it. or would it involve both partitions within the reset

thanks
Dave
Tigerbay888

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » November 6th, 2017, 5:19 pm

Hi Dave,

Tigerbay888 wrote:I was thinking of resetting my pc aswell, but the hard drive has been partitioned into two parts. one is holding windows 10 and the other windows 7. would it just reset the partition with windows 10 on if I reset it. or would it involve both partitions within the reset

As I mentioned before, This forum specializes in Malware Removal, and unfortunately I'm not sure how to approach this issue. Let's finish dealing with this current topic, and I will point you toward a General Computer Help Forum. :)

Tigerbay888 wrote:mAL . my saved files wont bring any malware or any of that myway.com browser hijacker software would it

The infection should not come back, however let's do a scan of your external hard drive to make sure. You will find the instructions below:

• Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from Here
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Right-Click on mb3-setup-consumer-3.3.1.2183.exe and select Run as Administrator.
  • Follow the instructions on the screen to install the program.
  • Once the installation process is over Malwarebytes should automatically open.
  • Click on Check for Updates
  • Once the updates have been installed, please open My Computer.
  • Right click on the external hard drive.
  • Select Scan with Malwarebytes.
  • Once the scan is over, a window will pop-up. Click on Export Summary.
  • Name the file as MBAMLOG.txt and save it to your Destop.
  • Please post MBAMLOG.txt in your next reply.

-----------------------------------------
In your next reply, I would like to see..
  • Did you encounter any problem while following my instructions?
  • MBAMLOG.txt
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Tigerbay888 » November 7th, 2017, 8:53 pm

Hello mAL . Thank you for all your help so far. I will go through the above info tomorrow and then post you the Summary.

regards
Dave
Tigerbay888

Unread postby Tigerbay888 » November 9th, 2017, 2:58 pm

Hello mAL . Here is the MBAMLOG.txt . Your instructions where very clear and easy to follow thank you, and there were no complications whatsoever.

many thanks
Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tigerbay888

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » November 10th, 2017, 7:32 am

Hi Dave,

Tigerbay888 wrote:Your instructions where very clear and easy to follow thank you, and there were no complications whatsoever.

That's good to "hear". :) Please follow the instructions below. If everything goes well, then you can restore your backed up files, and I'll provide you with my "all clear" post.

• Open Malwarebytes.
  • Click on Check for Updates
  • Once the updates have been installed, please open My Computer.
  • Right click on the external hard drive.
  • Select Scan with Malwarebytes.
  • Once the scan is over, a window will pop-up. Click on Quaranting Selected.
  • Please select on Export Summary
  • Name the file as MBAMLOG.txt and save it to your Destop.
  • Please post MBAMLOG.txt in your next reply.

-----------------------------------------
In your next reply, I would like to see..
  • Did you encounter any problems while following my instructions?
  • MBAMLOG.txt
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

PreviousNext