Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

removal of myway.com homepage. Browser Hijacker

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: removal of myway.com homepage. Browser Hijacker

Unread postby Tigerbay888 » November 11th, 2017, 9:35 am

Hello mAL . I have followed the instructions above and attached the new MBAMLOG.txt

thanks
Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tigerbay888

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » November 11th, 2017, 9:40 am

Hi Dave,

Tigerbay888 wrote:I have followed the instructions above and attached the new MBAMLOG.txt

It seems everything went well. Feel free to restore your backed up files, and take a day to see if everything runs fine. If everything goes well, then I will give you the "all clear" post.
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Tigerbay888 » November 11th, 2017, 9:44 am

mAL , if possible, could you give me a pointer as how to best reinstall the backup files plz

many thanks
Dave
Tigerbay888

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » November 11th, 2017, 9:58 am

Hi Dave,

Tigerbay888 wrote:mAL , if possible, could you give me a pointer as how to best reinstall the backup files plz

Sure, no problem. :)

• Open the Start menu and select Settings.
  • Click on Update & security.
  • Open the backup tab, located in the left panel.
  • Select More options, under Back up using File History.
  • At the bottom of the page there is an option to Restore files from a current backup. Please click on it.
  • Navigate to your backed up files and select any that you want restored.
  • Click the Restore button.

Were you able to restore your files?
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Tigerbay888 » November 11th, 2017, 3:32 pm

hi mAL. I followed the above instruction and it let me to a page saying ( no file history found ) . ive checked the drive and the files are there. is there anything else I need to do within the last instruction please

thanks
Dave
Tigerbay888

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » November 12th, 2017, 2:38 pm

Hi Dave,

Tigerbay888 wrote:I followed the above instruction and it let me to a page saying ( no file history found ) . ive checked the drive and the files are there. is there anything else I need to do within the last instruction please

Let's try the following..

• Open the Start menu and select Settings.
  • Click on Update & security.
  • Open the backup tab, located in the left panel.
  • Select Add a drive, and select your external drive..
  • Select More options, under Back up using File History.
  • At the bottom of the page there is an option to Restore files from a current backup. Please click on it.
  • Navigate to your backed up files and select any that you want restored.
  • Click the Restore button.

If this doesn't work, then you might have to restore your files/folders manually. I know it isn't ideal, but I'm afraid there is not much more I can do to help with this problem, since this is outside of my area of knowledge.
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Tigerbay888 » November 15th, 2017, 1:42 pm

Hello mAL
Thank you very much for your help and support. I actually couldn't have done it without your guidance. the laptop seems to running very smoothly indeed. once again . Thanks

regards
Dave
Tigerbay888

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » November 16th, 2017, 12:45 pm

Hi Dave,

Tigerbay888 wrote:Thank you very much for your help and support. I actually couldn't have done it without your guidance. the laptop seems to running very smoothly indeed. once again . Thanks

It's my pleasure! I'm very happy your computer is behaving well. Please follow the steps below and then you'll be all set to go. :)

Tigerbay888 wrote:I was thinking of resetting my pc aswell, but the hard drive has been partitioned into two parts. one is holding windows 10 and the other windows 7. would it just reset the partition with windows 10 on if I reset it. or would it involve both partitions within the reset

Since this is a general computer problem, please visit one of the sites listed below to get more help (listed in no order of preference).

Tigerbay888 wrote:I have never done a restore before or backed in preparation for one.

You should make frequent backups of your data and this is something I can't stress enough.. The new type of malware nowadays is Ransomware, which will encrypt all your files in order to extort money from you. Unfortunately, most of the time it's impossible to recover your data unless you pay a large sum of money. Even if you do pay, there is no guarantee that you will get your files back! People have lost years of research, thousands of pictures, etc.. just because they didn't bother taking less than an hour a week to backup everything. Please don't be like them.

BitLord 2.4 (HKLM-x32\...\BitLord) (Version: 2.4.2-298 - House of Life)
FirewallRules: [{304282F7-E0FE-46C9-B468-2EA42940D67B}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files (x86)\BitLord\BitLord.exe
FirewallRules: [{5C5D2A8A-7589-42FA-B539-FC3D2828E203}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files (x86)\BitLord\BitLord.exe

A word of caution: Using Peer-to-peer (P2P) programs such as BitLord is a sure way to get infected. As you can see from the lines taken from your logs, BitLord is allowed to bypass your firewall. This basically means that anything can go in and out of your computer without asking for your permission. It's no surprise that most people who get infected are P2P users. Please follow my advice and stay away from peer-to-peer software...it will save you a lot of headaches in the future.

You should also read and get acquainted with the following topic: COMPUTER SECURITY - a short guide to staying safer online , which goes into depth on how to keep your computer secure. I bookmarked it for easy reference and so should you.

If you have any questions, then feel free to ask. Otherwise, please let me know that you have seen this post, and I will close this topic.
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby mAL_rEm018 » November 18th, 2017, 10:35 am

As your problems appear to have been resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
mAL_rEm018
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous