Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Geek needs help! 3 min boot/Svcs on turn off/Sleep=Crash

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Geek needs help! 3 min boot/Svcs on turn off/Sleep=Crash

Unread postby DjJazzyJeff » January 29th, 2017, 3:39 pm

I am normally on top of what is on my computer. Lately, it feels like I can't keep up. Boot time 6-10 months ago used to be ~1 minute. Now it's 3, and when I hibernate or Sleep, I may as well restart.
HP Pavilion DV7/Intel Quad Core - Ivy Bridge/8gb [only 4 showing - this may be issue]/Just noticed that name of HDD is not labeled anymore, and I didn't change it. Don't believe I have invited any viruses, based on sites visited...Have power settings set to High Performance / Power User -

Settings seem to be changing without my doing so - and nobody else uses this computer [except maybe a ghost]
Can't seem to alleviate one error in Device Mgr - QualComm Gigabit Router
Connect wirelessly through WPA2-PSK passworded network [69 Mbps - latest speed test]
Run Advanced System Care 10 pro
Avast Free Antivirus

Here is what I recall doing:
About 1 year ago - resetting Services to default/factory settings [thought I had turned too many on, slowing down system]. This seemed to help at first.
Now it seems that when the computer sleeps or hibernates - it might as well crash - coming back up after sleeping used to be instantaneous, now longer than 3 minute boot.
Services are turning off which, as admin I have turned on to start auto or delayed auto...

Have attached FRST fie and Addition File. Too long to attach both.

Any help, tips, advice, etc. will be greatly appreciated.

Jake
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DjJazzyJeff

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Geek needs help! 3 min boot/Svcs on turn off/Sleep=Crash

Unread postby pgmigg » February 8th, 2017, 10:26 pm

Hello DjJazzyJef,

Apologies for the delay in getting to your topic.

Welcome to the forum! :)

I am pgmigg and I'll be helping you with any malware problems.

Before we begin, please read and follow these important guidelines, so things will proceed smoothly.
  1. The instructions being given are for YOUR computer and system only!
    Using these instructions on a different computer can cause damage to that computer and possibly render it inoperable!
  2. You must have Administrator rights, permissions for this computer.
  3. DO NOT run any other fix or removal tools unless instructed to do so!
  4. DO NOT install any other software (or hardware) during the cleaning process until we are done as well as
    DO NOT Remove, or Scan with anything on your system unless I ask. This adds more items to be researched.
    Extra Additions and Removals of files make the analysis more difficult.
  5. Only post your problem at (1) one help site. Applying fixes from multiple help sites can cause problems.
  6. Print each set of instructions if possible - your Internet connection will not be available during some fix processes.
  7. Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
  8. Only reply to this thread, do not start another one. Please, continue responding, until I give you the "All Clean!" :cheers:
    Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.

I am currently reviewing your logs and will return, as soon as possible, with additional instructions. In the meantime...

Note: If you haven't done so already, please read this topic ALL USERS OF THIS FORUM MUST READ THIS FIRST where the conditions for receiving help here are explained.

Please read all instructions carefully before executing and perform the steps, in the order given.
lf you have any questions or problems executing these instructions, <<STOP>> do not proceed, post back with the question or problem.

Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start

Failure to post replies within 72 hours will result in this thread being closed
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby pgmigg » February 8th, 2017, 11:02 pm

Hello DjJazzyJef,

From the moment of the placement of your initial FRST logs it has been more than a week and I need to ask you to run FRST scan again to have refreshed most recent information from your computer - I need both FRST.txt and Addition.txt logs - but this time please do it without attachments - one log means one post.

Step 1.
Fresh FRST64 Scan
You should still have FRST64.exe on your Desktop.
  1. Right-click FRST64.exe and select "Run as administrator..." to run it.
  2. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer if it is occurred.
  3. Please be sure that 90 Days Files check box under Optional Scan section is unchecked.
  4. Please be sure that Addition.txt check box under Optional Scan section is checked.
  5. Press Scan button. When finished a log will be created, FRST.txt.
  6. Please post the content of the FRST.txt in your next reply.

Step 2.
Run CKScanner
  1. Please download CKScanner from here
  2. Important: - Save it to your Desktop.
  3. Double-click CKScanner.exe and click Search For Files.
  4. After a very short time, when the cursor hourglass disappears, click Save List To File.
  5. A message box will verify the file saved.
  6. Double-click the CKFiles.txt icon on your Desktop and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.

Step 3.
MGA Diagnostic Tool
  1. Please download MGA Diagnostic Tool and save it to your Desktop.
  2. Right click on MGADiag.exe and select Run as adminsitrator.
  3. Click on Continue to run the scan.
  4. Once the scan is finished click Copy to copy the results. Paste them in your next reply.

Step 4.
TSG - SysInfo utility
  1. Please download SysInfo.exe and save it to your Desktop.
  2. Right click SysInfo.exe and select "Run As Administrator" to run it... if UAC prompts, please allow it.
  3. The small square window will be opened with already highlighted text - please right click on it, select Copy and then paste it in your next post.

Then:
Please tell me is this computer used for business or educational purposes and/or connected to a business or educational network?
I need to know it - so I can provide the proper instructions.

Please post each log separately to prevent it being cut off by the forum post size limiter.
Check each after you've posted it to make sure it's all present, if any log is cut off you'll have to post it in sections...

Don't post anything as attachments unless I will ask you about it specifically!

Please include in your next reply:
  1. Do you have any problems executing the instructions?
  2. Contents of the FRST.txt log file after fresh FRST scan
  3. Contents of the Addition.txt log file after fresh FRST scan
  4. Contents of CKFiles.txt log file
  5. Contents of MGADiag report
  6. Contents of TSG - SysInfo utility
  7. Answer to my question related to type of using of your computer
  8. Do you see any changes in computer behavior?

Thanks,
pgmigg

Failure to post replies within 72 hours will result in this thread being closed
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby pgmigg » February 12th, 2017, 2:54 pm

Due to a lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove