i am hoping perhaps this is fixed.........
This is good, but we still have a bit left to do. First we'll run a couple general purpose scanners to see if anything is left behind then we have to clean up the tools we used. The last steps are important so please stick with me through the end.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) Scan
- Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Double-click the mbam-setup-*version*.exe file and follow any prompts to install MBAM. Before you click Finish ensure that Lauch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is checked.
- When MBAM launches all it to update its databases if prompted. You will need to be connected to the internet for this.
- Click Scan Now. MBAM will proceed to scan your computer.
- If prompted to allow a reboot please do so.
Failing to reboot when asked can prevent MBAM from removing all the malware it finds.
- Once the scan is finished click Save Results >> in the bottom right corner and select Copy to Clipboard. Paste the results in your next reply.
- If MBAM required a reboot please do the following to get the report:
- On reboot reopen MBAM.
- Click History and then click the most recent Scan Log.
- Click Export and then click Copy to Clipboard. Paste the results in your next reply.
ESET Online Scanner
NOTE: ESET Online Scanner can be run from Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome.
- First please disable any antivirus you have active, as shown in this topic.
- Go to the ESET Online Scanner site.
- Click on the green Run Scanner button.
- You will need to download a small utility.
- Right click esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and select Run as administrator.
- Check Enable detection of of potentially unwanted applications.
- Click Advanced settings.
- UNCHECK Remove found threats.
- Ensure the following are checked:
- Scan archives
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- Click Start.
- ESET Online Scanner will download its virus signature database then automatically start the scan.
The scan will take a while. Please be patient and do not use your computer during the scan. Some people find it best to let the scan run overnight.
- When the scan completes click Copy to clipboard. Paste the results into your reply.
- You can now exit the program using the X in the top-right.
Note: If no threats are found, there is no option to create a log. Just report back to me there was nothing found.
Please post each log separately to prevent it being cut off by the forum post size limiter.
Check each after you've posted it to make sure it's all present, if any log is cut off you'll have to post it in sections...
In your next reply please include:
- Did you have any problems with the instructions?
- The MBAM log
- The ESET log
- Are there any changes in computer behavior?