Before we continue any further, there are a few things we should clarify..
Please answer the following question..
Did you run the fix I gave you twice?
DakotaRT1977 wrote:Yes, I was in the middle of replying to you so I figured if I ran it again it would be a more recent but I guess it caused an issue?
Never run a fix I give you more than once, because this could cause a lot of damage to your computer. In this case you were lucky and nothing happened to your computer. If you are unsure of anything, always ask me first.
DakotaRT1977 wrote:Hello Mal, I will have to upload them as attachments (they are just too big!) I hope this is ok? Otherwise I will have to split it into several posts.
For the future it would be preferable that you post instead of attach your logs (unless I ask you otherwise). The reasons being:
- Certain types of infections target notepad files and if you had one of these infections, my computer could become infected as well.
- This is a university and since not everyone has access to attached logs, it is best to post your logs so everyone can learn.
Finally, on more than one occasion your replies to my posts were very close to 72 hours apart. When a computer is infected with malware it becomes very unpredictable and the infection can spread and also start installing new infections. The longer it remains active on your computer, the harder it will be to remove, therefore I would be very grateful if you could reply more promptly to my posts.
Now let's get to work
- Close all your programs and right-click adwcleaner_4.201.exe and select Run as administrator.
- Click on Scan.
- After the scan is over, select Cleaning.
- Note: All programs will be closed and your computer will be rebooted, therefore I advise you to save any unsaved work.
- A notepad window will open. Please copy/paste the contents in your next reply.
I still need to see the ESET log, so if you have not already done so..
ESET online scannner
Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan.
Note: If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.
- First please Disable any Antivirus you have active, as shown in This topic.
- Note: Don't forget to re-enable it after the scan.
- Next hold down Control then click on the following link to open a new window to ESET online scannnerNote: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.
All of the below instructions are compatible with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
- When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
- Make sure that the option Remove found threats is NOT checked, and the option Scan archives is checked.
- Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Now click on Start.
- The virus signature database... will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
- When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically.
- Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
- When completed select Uninstall application on close if you so wish, make sure you copy the logfile first!
- Now click on Finish.
- Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.
- Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
In your next reply, I would like to see..
- Adwcleaner log.
- ESET log.
Please post everything in the order given.