Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Adware in Firefox

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Adware in Firefox

Unread postby harries71 » April 5th, 2015, 2:20 pm

Wow! Cypher's cracked it! He's only cracked it!! Delighted to say that the ads appear no longer.
Thanks so much for your patience and your help, you've been brilliant! What could I possibly do to repay your attention and ingenuity? Might I make a donation to your favourite charity?
Kindest regards,
Simon
harries71

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Cypher » April 5th, 2015, 2:46 pm

Hi Simon,
Thanks so much for your patience and your help

You're more than welcome, thanks for staying with me.
Wow! Cypher's cracked it! He's only cracked it!! Delighted to say that the ads appear no longer.

Excellent, usually one of the first things we would of tried was a reinstall but you had already tried that.
What could I possibly do to repay your attention and ingenuity? Might I make a donation to your favourite charity?

I appreciate the offer thank you, but the fact that you're not seeing the adds now is reward enough :)

As your problem appears to be resolved you should be good to go.
Lets restore your bookmarks, then tidy up and remove the tools we used to clean your computer.

Restore your Firefox Bookmarks
  • Please open your FireFox browser.
  • Click the Bookmarks button on the navigation toolbar and select Show All Bookmarks to open the Library window.
  • In the Library window, click the Import and Backup button and then select Restore....
  • Choose bookmarks .json file you saved on your Desktop.
  • After choosing a backup, your bookmarks from that file will be restored. Close the Library window.

Next.

Please download delfix and save it to your desktop.
  • Right-click on delfix.exe and select " Run as administrator " to run it.
  • Check the following boxes then click on Run.

• Remove disinfection tools

• All tools we used to clean your computer should be gone now.
    • You can now delete any tools/logs we used if they remain on your computer.

We removed an outdated version of Java, if you use it you can reinstall the latest versions.

Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE).

Please download from HERE

• Find Java SE 8u40.
    • Click the Download JRE button to the right.
    • Choose the correct Platform and Multi-language. Next, check the box that says I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6 License Agreement.
    • Click the Continue button.
    • Click on the filename under Windows Offline Installation and save it to your desktop.
    • Close all active windows.
    • Install the program.

Please read the article below which will give you a few suggestions for how to minimise your chances of getting another infection.

I would be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can be closed.

Safe surfing!
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby harries71 » April 5th, 2015, 3:16 pm

Hi Cypher,
Just to let you know I have read and actioned these last few instructions. I also followed many of the tips in the "Computer Security" article - for instance I decided to retain the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
Thanks once again for your help - you've been superb!
Best wishes from London,
Simon H
harries71

Unread postby Cypher » April 5th, 2015, 3:32 pm

Hi Simon,
I decided to retain the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.

Yes please do, keep it updated and run it say once a week.
Best wishes from London,

Best wishes from Northern Ireland :)

As your problems appear to have been resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous