Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Need Help Removing Malware-Ads Keep Popping Up

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Need Help Removing Malware-Ads Keep Popping Up

Unread postby Gary R » January 24th, 2015, 7:24 pm

OK, what I want you to do now is run a "general purpose" online AV scan for me. The scans we've run so far are specific to the infection I saw in your logs, but such infections commonly come bundled with "fellow travellers", which don't always show in the specific scans, so we need to widen the search to ensure we've got everything.

Please run a scan with ESET Online Scanner

Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan. You will however need to disable your current installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be read here.
  • Please go HERE then click on Run ESET Online Scanner
Note: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.
All of the below instructions are compatible with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.

• Select the option YES, I accept the Terms of Use then click on: Image
  • When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
  • Make sure that the option Remove found threats is NOT checked.
  • Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
    • Scan for potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
  • Now click on: Image
  • The virus signature database... will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
  • When completed click on Start to start the scan.
  • Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
  • When completed you will be presented with a list of found threats ....
    • Click on the List of found threats link
    • Click on Export to text file
    • Save as ESET.txt to your Desktop
  • Exit out of ESET Online Scanner.
  • Post me the contents of ESET.txt please.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Need Help Removing Malware-Ads Keep Popping Up

Unread postby Gary R » January 28th, 2015, 12:23 pm

Due to lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Previous