Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Bad Virus found on windows 7, losing hard-drive space, HELP!

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Bad Virus found on windows 7, losing hard-drive space, H

Unread postby boynsini_13 » January 26th, 2015, 2:58 am

Hi, I apologize that I took matters into my own hands last night and decided to wipe my hard-drive (off of my own frustrations for the last month). I don't want you to think that I took this action because of the longevity of the fix you've been helping me with. In the long run, working on my computer with you has made me understand the inner problems that can go wrong with registry issues other than just a virus issue. I'm confident that I'll be able to restore my files off my back-up external hard-drive without conflict and I did lose a folder full of personal pictures and historic memories to me, I have come to the realization that I have ways of recovering those pictures from friends and family. I've been dealing with this problem for more than a month now and feel like I should've gone this route earlier on. I just wanted to say that after just reading your last message (I'm smacking myself for not waiting and for potentially wasting your time) I've realized how devoted to the cause you are and appreciate your patience and knownledge.

On a different note, I wrote down a previous post you submitted and was wondering if you have specific programs you like to use to prevent this problem in the future. I'm partial towards AVG Anti-virus (because of friend's reference and monetary reasons having just paid for it), though was curious if there are additional safe-guarding programs you can recommend to me to help further prevent this kind of problem in the future. I believe you said you use: Avast, Malwarebytes, spyware blaster, and ccleaner (free). Are these programs something you would recommend for the advanced or everyday user? Also, do you have any problems with the IObit Advanced System Care Program, or IObit Malware Fighter, or IObit Smart defrag 3.0 program? I've found at least the smart defrag program to be useful, but also don't want to harm my processes like I have in the past.

Thank you for your time and help, I've appreciated every step and process you've analyzed for me!

Brian
boynsini_13

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby pgmigg » January 26th, 2015, 2:44 pm

Hello Brian,

Hi, I apologize that I took matters into my own hands last night and decided to wipe my hard-drive (off of my own frustrations for the last month). I don't want you to think that I took this action because of the longevity of the fix you've been helping me with. In the long run, working on my computer with you has made me understand the inner problems that can go wrong with registry issues other than just a virus issue. I'm confident that I'll be able to restore my files off my back-up external hard-drive without conflict and I did lose a folder full of personal pictures and historic memories to me, I have come to the realization that I have ways of recovering those pictures from friends and family. I've been dealing with this problem for more than a month now and feel like I should've gone this route earlier on.
You do not have to apologize for your decisions. Are you the owner of the computer and have the right to dispose of it as you wish. I can only give advice and tips on how to make life a little better... ;)

I just wanted to say that after just reading your last message (I'm smacking myself for not waiting and for potentially wasting your time) I've realized how devoted to the cause you are and appreciate your patience and knownledge.
You are very welcome, Brian!

I believe you said you use: Avast, Malwarebytes, spyware blaster, and ccleaner (free). Are these programs something you would recommend for the advanced or everyday user?
Firstly, I would like to say that you quoted me not exactly forgetting the most important aspect in my opinion for computer protection - common sense! Any mouse click on a web page should be weighed for possible consequences of such step. All my recommendations are made for everybody without separation to advanced user and housewife.

Also, do you have any problems with the IObit Advanced System Care Program, or IObit Malware Fighter, or IObit Smart defrag 3.0 program? I've found at least the smart defrag program to be useful, but also don't want to harm my processes like I have in the past.
I never used any of IObit products - I had enough of those recommendations and warnings about which I wrote here previously. If you are looking for good de-fragmentation program, I can recommend you the Defraggler Free created by Piriform (c) - the producer of CCleaner too.

Then:
  • Please don't forget to enable and update all your defense software!

Finally:
Please click HERE to find a short guide to staying safer online.

Please don't hesitate to ask any additional questions.

Stay Safe! ;)
pgmigg
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby boynsini_13 » January 27th, 2015, 9:47 pm

Thank You!

Brian
boynsini_13

Unread postby pgmigg » January 27th, 2015, 10:14 pm

You are very welcome, Brian! :D

Stay Safe! ;)
pgmigg
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Cypher » January 28th, 2015, 7:25 am

Thank you for letting us know you've decided to reformat your computer. As you no longer require help, this topic is now closed.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous