Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

system restore OFF? continued

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

system restore OFF? continued

Unread postby sleepybear91 » October 24th, 2014, 12:03 am

Re: system restore OFF question

Postby Gary R » October 20th, 2014, 10:29 pm
It's not a good idea to switch off System Restore before running an "auto" removal scan by any tool.

If anything should go wrong during the removal process, and you are left with a malfunctioning machine, you have removed the very thing that may be used to recover your machine. Even an infected System Restore point is better than no Restore Point.

You should only ever remove System Restore points when your machine is finally clear of infection, and not before then.

If you are having problems with an infection on your computer, please follow the instructions .... HERE ... and then open a topic in the "Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!" forum.
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thank you Gary. To clarify this I meant to say "manually". I was able to remove all infected files except one of them. They said to try and manually remove the single file but I had to turn off System Restore first. Is this a good idea or not? Thank you
Sorry to start a new thread but topic was closed.
sleepybear91

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: system restore OFF? continued

Unread postby Gary R » October 24th, 2014, 1:22 am

Still not a good idea, unless the specific file you're talking about is part of an infected System Restore point that needs removing, in which case "flushing" your Restore Points will remove the file, but as I said, you'd want to make sure your System was clear of all infection first.

If you can give me a link me to your help topic at Malwarebytes, I'll be better able to give you an opinion as to whether it's a good thing to do in this specific case or not.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!