Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Redirection of links and endless pop-ups

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Redirection of links and endless pop-ups

Unread postby Gary R » October 13th, 2014, 1:24 am

Please delete ... delfix.exe ... and ... delfix.txt

As far as I can see, your computer looks clear of infection now.

Are you still noticing any problems ?
  • If you are let me know about them.
  • If not it's time to make your computer more secure.

Please read the article below which will give you a few suggestions for how to minimise your chances of getting another infection.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby u0717211 » October 14th, 2014, 11:00 pm

Google chrome is still experiencing the same problems. Internet explorer has been working just fine though. Do you know why Chrome would be struggling? Also, the link to chrome makes you browse, then open it in a strange way. Using explorer isn't a big deal, but I would prefer another browser.
u0717211

Unread postby Gary R » October 15th, 2014, 1:20 am

Google have recently instigated some changes to Chrome, which make it very difficult to remove any infection in that browser. They were meant to make it difficult for an infection to establish itself, but it seems the Malware writers had little difficulty circumventing them, so now they just prevent you from being able to easily clean an infection from Chrome.

What I suggest you do is uninstall your current edition of Chrome, and when the uninstall dialogue comes up, select the "Also delete your browsing data" box.

Unfortunately this will delete all your browser preferences, but it's the only way I know to permanently remove a re-direction with the latest version of Chrome. Any other way, and Chrome itself will replace anything that you remove, and that includes the malicious stuff as well.

Once you've uninstalled it, reboot your computer, then if you wish to continue using Chrome, install a new copy from ... https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/chrome/browser/

Please let me know if you have any problems after doing this.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Gary R » October 26th, 2014, 11:31 am

As your problems appear to have been resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!